Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prathiksha   04 September 2023

Notice period

Hello,

I joined the bog service company where i worked for 10 days. I got a really better offer from product based which i liked. I didn’t liked working the service based. They had not even provided any assets yet. I tried discussing with the HR and manager but they forced me to serve 90 days of notice(as per my knowledge notice period is for transfering the knowledge) or pay for the 90 days of money. I have not even taken any trainings yet. So i absconded(had to because I didn’t like the culture) I don’t want any experience letter or relieving from them which i informed it to them as well. But they are forcing me to come to office or they will take next steps(don’t know what is it since they have not mentioned it) I am too much worried and done with this company. I have a better offer which i need to join very soon. Please suggest my mental helath is going down because of it

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     05 September 2023

You are governed by terms and conditions of appointment, accordingly liable to pay 90 days salary.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     05 September 2023

You have signed any agreement or any document which would bind you by terms and conditions, if yes then you should do as agreed if there is no such document then no need to rerpond them

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 September 2023

No need any notice if an employee works for 10 days period. 

Farheen Khan   05 September 2023

To successfully resign from your job, there are several steps you can take. Firstly, review your employment contract or offer letter to understand your contractual obligations, including the notice period and any specific terms related to resignations. Secondly, communicate clearly and professionally with your HR and manager about your intentions and reasons for leaving, keeping a record of all interactions. If your contract is unclear or you believe your rights are being violated, seek legal advice from an employment attorney who can provide expert guidance. You can also try to negotiate a compromise with your current employer, such as working a shorter notice period or paying a reasonable fee in lieu of notice. If you have knowledge or tasks that need to be transitioned, offer your assistance to colleagues in a professional manner. Keep records of all communications to protect yourself in case of any legal disputes. While dealing with this situation, focus on preparing for your new job and complying with any obligations or timelines associated with it. If you're concerned about potential complications, consider discussing it with HR or management at your new job for guidance. Remember to consult an employment attorney who specializes in labor laws and employment regulations in your area for accurate advice to protect your interests and minimize potential legal consequences. If you're struggling with your mental health during this time, consider seeking support from a mental health professional to help you cope. the stress and anxiety it may be causing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register