LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GOKULDAS KAMATH (EX BANKER)     07 March 2013

Notarised power of attorney

My wife has 2 sisters and 4 brothers.There is one ancestral property in the name of my father-in -law  in a prime locality  which is far away from bangalore city which is under dispute in the high court.The tenant is refusing to vacate the land. A wealthy buyer has come forward to buy it along with suit.My eldest brother in law has obtained power of attorney from all his brothers and sisters in his favour to sell the land.Power of attorney is obtained separately from each brother and sister.My wife has also signed a power of attorney.But it is not signed before a NOTARY.Contents were  typed on a stamp paper with photo of my wife affixed to it and signed  across and given to her brother whicyh is notarised at a far away place (around 400 kms away from Bangalore).In another power of attorney,my sister in law's signature is forged on her  power of attorney by affixing a photo on it.She stays in Kerala state and was unable to come to Bangalore to sign the documents.This forged signature is also notarised in a place which is far away from bangalore.All sisters are married.sale consideration amount is not disclosed to any of legal hiers by my brother in law.Now there is apprehension in our minds that my brother in law  is going to  give meagre share of sale proceeds to his sisters and major share to him and his brothers.My sister had signed the PA without my knowledge.She had signed it just because her brother told her to do so.The sister whose signature is forged is living under penury and she may be happy with whatever money is offered to her by her brother.Now,I want to know whether the power of attorney not executed in the presence of notary is valid? Secondly can my sister in law send a legal notice to the buyer and / or her brother against her fraudulent / forged signatures in the Power of attorney.Sale deed is already executed 2 days back.Can my wife and sisters send thier objections to Sub Registrar.Any other suggestions if the 3 sisters are going to be cheated by thier own brothers

Learning

1 Replies

GOKULDAS KAMATH (EX BANKER)     07 March 2013

Kindly read it as my wife in place of my sister in line no.18.sorry for inconvenience

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register