LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthikeyan (manager)     24 April 2015

not making vehicle transfer

I sold my bike on March 8th. The buyer got the papers for ttransfer to my home and paid in full. He said he will do the transfer request in RTO but till date he has not. When ever I call him he say he will do it later and disconnects the call. The vehicle is still in my name and in case something's goes wrong I will be responsible.. I have his voters id copy. What can I do so that if something happens I am not responsible.. Please advice

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     25 April 2015

1) Report the matter to the local police station (yours as well as his )  with his Voter ID and contact details, demanding help in restoration of vehicle to you as you fear illegal use. Get them to acknowledge your letter. Once you get the vehicle back, do not let it out of your possession until the transfer has been done. While returning let the buyer confirm the dates it was in his possession and that he will be liable for any illegal acts during such tenure.

Above may help you , although strictly speaking your liability is as you have said.

2) Permission is usually valid for 30 days but some people sign without date on such transfer forms which is not correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More