Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunimaswain (Programme Director)     25 April 2012

Need urgent help

dear forum members, 

one of my friend is struggling in her married life. She has married since 2005. but most of the time she stays with her parents as she faced difficulties to coop with the situation. So before demanding her rights, she wants to what should be the duties of a wife?

I am a social development professional. many a times i tried to clarify her but she wants some professional advise. I followed the Hindu Marriage Act  1955 but couldnt get a clear answer. so can someone reply me "what is the rights and duties of a married Hindu women towards her husband and Family?"

Learning

7 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     25 April 2012

A marriage is supposed to be an equal partnership between the Husband and Wife.

Neeti Saara is a very popular collection of morals written by Telugu Poet Baddena aka Bhadra Bhupala who lived during the 13th century. Since this was written by an Indian keeping in mind the Hindu culture, it outlines the qualities an Indian bride should have.

In short, a good housewife should

• Be like a servant in doing the chores of the House(
  • give intelligent advice like a minister to her husband
  • serve food to the husband as lovingly as a mother feeds her son
  • like a courtesan in the Bedroom
  • Beautiful like Maha Lakshmi and
  • Have the forbearance of Mother Earth

As per the last line of the shloka, a woman should have all the above said quality is an ideal house wife which also implies that the absence of even one quality makes a woman a failure as a good wife.

the results or fruits of the chores would be shared equally. As per Manu, ‘where women are honored, the Gods are pleased; where they are not honored, all work becomes fruitless’.

anamikas.hubpages.com › ... › MarriageBeing a WifeCached

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     25 April 2012

Great advise from Mr.Ajay

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 April 2012

very nice and useful advise by Ajay Sethi.  

arunimaswain (Programme Director)     25 April 2012

Dear Ajayji,

Thanx for your quick response. but i want to know the rights and duties on the legal context. 

(Guest)

above Forum members has given reply of your question.

Now Further are-

Wife rights are to get maintenance, happiness, joyness, from husband as well as his family.

Becouse husband and wife are equal to ARDHNARISWER.

So both are equel duties & responsibilities for each others.

wife duties are-

in some words ever understand the feelings of husband as well as his family members. Never do anythink that hurt anyone.

READ & UNDERSTAND THE MEANS OF ARDHNARISWAR - YOU WILL NOT TO NEEDS ANY FURTHER ADVICE.

arunimaswain (Programme Director)     26 April 2012

Dear Mr. R.K Prajapati

when the couple fights with each other, they always speak about each others RIGHTS. thats why i wanted to know what are the duties and rights of a hindu married women

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 April 2012

However good it may be, it sounds like an Angel sent straight from Heaven.If only all the Indian women falls within the descripttion given by Sethi there would have been no requirement for all those laws that we discussed in the forum. Be that as it may, the decription of Ajay Sethi is simply supreb.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register