Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohan (Software engineer)     30 August 2012

Need advice on divorce

Hello Experts,

I am staying away from my wife from last 3 years..In this time she filed 498A on my parents and on me as well..I never seen her in these 3 years..since she is staying in India and I am staying in abroad...Is this is eligible criteria to apply for divorce..She is not willing to give the divorce and they are demanding lot of money to withdraw 498a which is very usual...So can some one please advise me what are the best options and I got ex-partie divorce in USA..

Thanks alot In Advacne..

Learning

3 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     30 August 2012

respected querist,

ask your parents all family memeber who are named in 498 a to take AB ,for exact advise we need to know some more facxts like where you had resided alst ,place of marriage consumation,whether any step is taken to bring her back,any other litigation like sec 9 RCR under HMA is filed or not ?feel free to call on my profile number with detail of your case.

mohan (Software engineer)     30 August 2012

Hi Anish,

Thanks alot for your response..Our parents took AB already and our marriges was happened in India but after 10 days of marriage I travled to abroad and since then I am staying in abroad only..She left me 3 years ago and filesd 498a 2 years ago..still the police didn't file charge sheet...

Can I apply for divorce since we never meet each other from last three years..Do I need to be in India to file divorce petition..?

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     30 August 2012

you can file your DV in india with the help of lawyer .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register