LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priyanka shenoy (software engineer)     30 November 2011

Name change/ rearranging of name

My name has my surname prefixed followed by my name and then my father's name.

Shenoy Priyanka Jagan

when Shenoy is my maiden surname

Priyanka my name

and Jagan my father's name.

I want to change my name either to Priyanka Shenoy or Priyanka Shenoy Vikram (Vikram being my husban's name)

Please let me know which of the above is simpler

1. Just rearranging my name without having to undergo any legal procedure and is it acceptable legally  to write Priyanka Shenoy instead of Shenoy Priyanka Jagan

2 Or change it to Priyanka Shenoy Vikram in all my documents (passport, pan card, dl, voter's ID , bank). Who can do it and whats the cost?

Can anybody give me their number . I reside in Bangalore

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Amar Dalvi (Lawyer & Legal Consultant (9920203682))     30 November 2011

it is advised to apply to gadjet office of subject change and get desired name change publish in subject gadject, publish subject name change in local news papers as this is very routine matter some newspaper issue such name change notices at very concessional rate, execute affidavit / declaration / undertaking declaring /undertaking subject name change, it doesn't matter what name you choose procedure shall remain the same you can contact local advocate at bangalore to assist you in subject matter

Adv. Amar Dalvi (Lawyer & Legal Consultant (9920203682))     30 November 2011

In above reply It is 'it is advised to apply to "Gazette" office of subject "state"'  NOT  it is advised to apply to gadjet office of subject "change", typographical errors regreted.

Bhavna (EA)     03 December 2011

Hi ,

I am getting my divorce decree next year through mutual divorce and i own the custody of my minor child completely. I would like to change my name and my child' name as well ...what is the process of application in teh govt authorties and step wise process which i need to follow so i can have the names change done in passports and school records........i am based in gurgaon, Haryana.

my second question is : how do i change the child's sur name then in the birth certificate as that still holds the earlier name..

pls guide

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register