LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saransh (Executive)     29 June 2012

Name and gender change in property papers

Hello sir, I bought a property in chandigarh. Now i have changed my name and gender legally by publishing in gazette of india ,newspaper adds . Do i have to change my name and gender in the property papers,,if yes dan how it is done...how much is the fees etc??? n if i dont change it now dan wud it be difficult to sell it as i m changing my id proofs.</p>

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 June 2012

@ Author,

I would like to understand from you that first name change is easy said done but how on Indian legal system as it is presently you are contemplating to change “GENDER” legally?

Have you ever done a SRS? Are you transs*xual person?

To be honest I never say a case in my practice happening till date other than controversial Mafatlal heir Aparna changing her gender via SRS to now officially called as Ajay Mafatlal while claiming 10000 ft. bunglow in Mumbai way back in 2005. Recently when Ajay Mafatlal applied for a fresh passport due to his s*x change operation the passport authorities were uncertain in choosing the course of their action but they did the change readily. This was because of absence of any competent legislation on the same issue.

Moreover, there are innumerable number of documents which have importance and are based upon the legally valid gender. Documents such as birth certificate, class 10th. Certificate, voter card, address proof, photo proof, ADHAR, banking instruments, tel. connection, ration card, gas connection, mark sheets / degrees till date acquired and passport need to be changed.

I offer myself to be enlightened on this rather unusual thread of queriest by my  ld. legally qualified experts who have special knowledge of legal documents in absence of any competent legislation on the same issue?

Saransh (Executive)     30 June 2012

Yes, i have done my srs and i have changed my Gender and name in gazzette of india, pan card, aadhar card and voter's id card. I have a property in old name and gender in chandigarh so i want to ask dat do i have to change the particulars in dat also or can i attach the supporting documents at the time of selling. And wen i applied for gender change in gazzette of india, they kept my original documents , ie doctor's certificate and affidavit. Can i ask dem to return dem?

thanks

Yes, i have done my srs and i have changed my Gender and name in gazzette of india, pan card, aadhar card and voter's id card. I have a property in old name and gender in chandigarh so i want to ask dat do i have to change the particulars in dat also or can i attach the supporting documents at the time of selling. And wen i applied for gender change in gazzette of india, they kept my original documents , ie doctor's certificate and affidavit. Can i ask dem to return dem?

thanks

thanks

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 July 2012

@ Author,

Yes, now that you have public documents on change of name and gender the property at IXC should be changed instead of annexing these public documents at the time of its sale.
If the concerned Authorities gets confused then Writ before HC is the option and it would be very interesting case especially for me. Stay posted on developments via PM please on this question of facts as well as supporting law.

2. When Gazette Notification applied then they are bound to keep ‘originals’ with them. However keep spare copies of Gazette as well as Dr’s. Certificate True Copies handy with you for life.

3. You should also apply (if not already applied) for issuing a Passport.

Out of curiosity I like to know the name of the Dr. and location who did the SRS out of professional interest. You may PM me the info. as in future I may be able to help other transs*xuals if such need arise.

Personally I thank you for giving me an opportunity to attend to your query. This was one query which was long due in my professional career till date.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register