LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amrita Basak (Student )     06 August 2023

My brother in law ignores my elder sister's illness

My elder sister is having multiple gallstones in her gallbladder. Doctor said to undergo a surgery as soon as possible. But my brother in law has been completely ignoring her illness since very beginning. And I want to tell that domestic violence in her house is very normal thing. He use to torture her both mentally and physically. Now my brother in law is telling her to vacate his house and go anywhere she want. Also he added that he doesn't want to bear her medical expenses (though he is earning a handsome amount of money every month from his medicine store). Now my question to all that what should I do? My elder sister's life is in great trouble. 

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 August 2023

Obviously, the remedy is in invoking the provisions of the Domestic Violence Act.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2023

You can inform you sister to file a case under the provisions of protection women from domestic violence act, 2005 seeking the remedies of 

1. Protection,

2. residence.

3. monthly maintenance.

4. expenses tincurred owards medical treatement and compensation

5. return of her articles held by him

You can consult a local advocate and proceed as suggested 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 August 2023

If you have faced domestic violence, then you can file an application with the Court (Civil Court, Family Court or Criminal Court) for immediate help and protection1. You should take the help of a lawyer and if you do not have one or from protection officers,(women & child welfare department of your state) NGOs, etc.

Amrita Basak (Student )     09 August 2023

Thank you everyone for your valuable words and guidance. Thanks again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register