Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishesh Rawat (Finance Executive)     02 March 2013

Mutual divorce: 2nd motion

Dear Sir,

Sir I filled for an Mutual Divorce in delhi in last december, and 1st motion was passed on 16th dec, 2012.

As advised by my lawyer, 2nd motion can be filled only after 6 months from 16th dec. Is it correct. 

Can i file it earlier also as I am looking forward to travel outside india on an IT project from my company for few months.

Also after 2nd motion is filled, how much time will court take to pass the order.

Look forward for your kind suggestions.

Rg,

Vishesh

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Go out finish project and come back. You can file 2nd motion later on.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 March 2013

If the couple fails to appear in the court after six months and not later than eighteen months from the date of first motion, the divorce petition becomes null and void. Either of the couple can withdraw his/her petition within the six months term.

Vishesh Rawat (Finance Executive)     02 March 2013

Sir, I have just one query, that can i file my 2nd motion petition, before that 6 months period. And how much time does it take for order to come after 2nd motion is accepted and passed. is it necessary for both of us to appear for 2 nd motion.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 March 2013

Immediately the decree will pronounce by the judge in the court hall during the 2 nd motion. printed copy can collect from the section office later after 3 working days of the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register