LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prvns   27 August 2017

mutual divorce ??

Married in Jan 2015. Marriage between relatives.wife got conceived in Feb 15 misunderstanding started she blamed my parents for torcher and left without telling me. I went tried to console her she said I wont cm till child birth I too didn't force as she was pregnant and had wheezing so thought she better stay in Chennai till child birth. I used to visit her monthly once or twice depending on my leaves. My parents ( mom and aunt ) never got involved in her matter once she left n complained on them. After baby was born misunderstanding increased only as she never understood n kept blaming me n my parents. I used to b quiet but lost control wen she even didn't spare my expired father. Even for naming ceremony they never discussed date with me still I went dey never waited for me as it was Diwali season last year tickets were tuff bus got cancelled n I smhw reached there but to c they finished the ceremony without waiting for me . Leaving all tat she started to ask me to settle in Chennai wit her . After so much convincing n argument now she agrees she'll cm back to Bangalore under the condition tat my parents shud go to her home n invite her and she will stay wit us . I told her I'll pick her up from home n take a separate house for both of us to live as she won't have trouble with my parents also. She's refusing tat can't take care of child alone and she will go to job.she will only return if my parents call her. Her parents too same thing they say daughter no mistake , only we have done everything wrong.i even spoke to her dad asking to send.still no. Now she's telling she wants time till 2019 so tat baby LL grow n she can wrk thwre alone at her place or she's asking me to keep her in separate home in Chennai while I shud visit her From Bangalore. I told her there s no meaning to marriage , requested her to cm back wit me still no. My parents r afraid if again she cms here she'll say same torcher n run away creating more problem.but wife not agreeing for separate home.shes telling if I'm fearing to file divorce tell her she'll do And she doesn't expect any money from us . I don't want divorce if she understand and stays here wit me tats is enough but she is Oly wasting time so far.we have only stayed together for 18 dys in Bangalore 10days honeymoon. if she files for divorce all property is in my mother's name does she have claim. She is trying to find work there .

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     27 August 2017

Give your wife for some time to adjust.till that time enjoy your extended bachelor life.time will heal everything.she can't lay any claim over your mother's property as it is considered to be her self acquired property

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     27 August 2017

Donot spoil the life of your parents by calling your wife in their house and donot compelling them to obey the unjustified demand of your wife and her parents. Pl understand the plight of your parents. Give a clear picture and clearly refuse to accept the unjustified demand your wife and her parents. It is law that daughter in law does not have any right over the self acquired property of parents in law. Donot humiliate your parents. Go strategically. Sidharth 9811776422

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     27 August 2017

As rightly pointed out by you, there is no point in marriage if the both of you are constantly staying apart, waiting to cross one or the other milestone.  Next your wife will be telling you, let our child get married then i will come.  You cannot waste your life in the hope that things would get better.

I can understand that the both of you stayed together for a very short while but in that time, i believe you have witnessed enough to have helped you made up your mind.  Rather than you or your parents' from, what emerges from the details posted hereinabove is that probably your wife was never interested in the marriage and thats why she never made any effort to save or work on the same. 

Therefore i would advise you, dont unnecessarily trouble your parents' any further and just put an end to your sham of a marriage.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register