Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishna (architect)     07 April 2013

Mumbai sra (slum rehabilitation)

hi ,

I have a house in slum in mumbai prior to 1995 under my dads name. I am planning to buy the neighbours house in same slum under my wifes name in april/2013 this house too is existing structure before 1995

Please advice :

1. If this slum goes under SRA development will my wife be eligible for a house if not then please list the majore issues/hurdles for same and remedies

2. if have already a flat in my name so would it be ok to buy this second house in my name or should i continue to buy it under my wifes name.  If i buy it under my name will it have any issue during SRA

3. SRA rules says persons data should be there in electoral roll of 1995. what does this mean ? and how can i know if myself an wifes name are there in electoral roll of 1995.. my name is there in ration card since i was kid  (1982 born) my wife doesnt have ration card and she is too born and bought up in mumbai (born 1982)

please provide any other info you feel would be help ful to me before doing this investment.

thanks.. in advance.

--krishna 

Learning

3 Replies

Vidhi Joshi (Trademark Registration Mumbai | IPR Firm | Mumbai | Start Up Lawyer | Copyright Lawyer)     07 April 2013

Vidhi Joshi (Trademark Registration Mumbai | IPR Firm | Mumbai | Start Up Lawyer | Copyright Lawyer)     07 April 2013

you mentioned that you have a flat...ask yourself do you really want room under SRA...be happy what you have, you might grab a right of someone who is needy under the scheme...legally speaking this is illegal and you say this as an "investment"!!

krishna (architect)     08 April 2013

hi clone, thanks for your response.

the person who is selling the room was my neighbour and knows me and my family since childhood. am not grabbing anybody's share cuz my neighbour is leaving mumbai for ever and going to settle in his home town in south india. he offered us to sell his room due to long trusted relation. And its my parent desire to buy that house... so if sra happens we would get some flat or if it doesnt then they want me to club two rooms and make it even better place to live..  

would it be fine to take it in name of my wife ? what does the SRA law say about it ?

thanks.. krishna.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register