LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JK Sharan (Retired)     08 December 2014

Miscoduct & cheating by lawyer

I had entrusted filing of my LPA to a Lawyer. I had come to know about him as he was working in the Office/Chamber of the senior Lawyer. I drafted the entire LPA myself and handed over to him all the documents that were required for Filing of the LPA. Payment as fee to him and for expenses for documentation. This Lawyer it now emerges cheated me by not filing the LPA at all. He kept on telling me that the he had Filed it and it was under few objections that he is removing it. More than a yr went by and he kept on lying to me. I visited the Delhi High Court Registrar Office. I was informed never any such LPA wrto my Writ Petition was filed. It is clear case of fraud, cheating and breach of trust. To support my contention I have several email thru which draft LPA and scanned documents were sent to him by email. I made countless cell phone calls of which records exists. Now he is not answering my phone calls. I am retired senior Govt of India Officer and my Writ is on Service Matter. What can I do to bring out to the Court that delay in filing of LPA was largely due to fraud and cheating by my Lawyer? What and how can I get this Lawyer punished for conduct unbecoming of a Lawyer? Kindly reply quickly considering that I am now over 70 yrs old Pensioner from a very senior position of Govt of India

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 December 2014

You can submit your grievance to bar council of India in your state of residence.

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     08 December 2014

file a Writ Petition at the high court against the advocate or file a case with  the consumer court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register