Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kalyan (engineer)     09 December 2012

Minimum amount of alimony

Dear experts,

Is there any minimum limit for permanent one time alimony to 498a wife? We live together less than a month in the whole 3 year married life. So, if I say that I could give only 50000 rupees to her if she agrees for MCD during the mediation process, will court object it? If she agrees for the same amount, when should i give this amount to her? ie, only after divorce or immediate? If she agrees for alimony, can I ask the court that she and my child should not ask any compensatio in future?

Learning

3 Replies

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     10 December 2012

dont worry she will never agree on that amount..

victim (master)     10 December 2012

There is no slab for minimum or maximum alimony.

this is decided on basis of difference of financial status of both spouses. normally properties on individuals name, bank balances and jobs are considred for the same. courts cant force you to give alimony if you dont agree for that amount.

But in case of contested divorce courts may order you to give compensation if she claims and proves her points to satisfaction of court. (chances are very less) so relax and concentrate on other cases if any.

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     10 December 2012

There is no minimum amount of P.A. Further, in case of mutual consent divorce, court do not dig on your terms and conditions. In such cases all depends on your personal bargain power.

Only in case of contested divorce, court looks on all those issues subject to making suitable prayer there for. In such situation, P.A. is determined on number of factors like - financial position of husband, number on children, educational qualification of wife, etc.

https://aegisjurist.com

https://facebook.com/aegisjurist

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register