Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (CON)     11 April 2011

MEA Circulars

Hello

Please advice from where I can get circulars from 'Ministry of External Affairs'.I am in particular looking for Circular No.VI/401/2/5/001  issued on 15-1-2008 .

'In the Civil Writ Petition No.13722 of 2007 filed by Shri.Resham Singh Vs. Union of India, High Court to Punjab and Haryana has inter alia, deliver the following judgment on November 2007:-

"We would like to emphasis that as and when the application is filed before a Passport Authority, and there appears to be a conflict between entries in the birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths and the entry of birth in school leaving certificate, the entry in the birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths would prevail and except where the certificate is unreliable suspicious or appears to be produced or manipulated, parties should not be relegated to civil courts in a mechanical manner".   Ministry's revised instructions contained in para (d) of Circular No.VI/401/2/5/001 .

I have checked on MEA website.Do I need to check any other application.

Thanks,

Alok Pathak

Learning

1 Replies

Harish (Not Applicable)     19 April 2012

Hi Alok,

I have a similar situation. Hence, the following questions...

- Were you able to resolve the issue without getting a court order?

- Were you able to get the above circulars? If so, could you send me a copy at hasubscripttions (at) gmail?

thanks,

Hari

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register