Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

skchatterjee (director HR)     24 March 2013

Marriage without divorce

Dear All

I have a complicated case - but will share key facts so as to get some answers which will help me to take  the appropriate action.

1. I have a friend who was married in India. He then moved to Dubai from Delhi for work purposes & then married a Hindu girl in Dubai. 

2. He did not declare his existing marriage to the Hindu girl in Dubai or to her family. In fact he has kept this fact away from the girl & her parents. Also his parents have kept their mouth shut & have not disclosed anything to the girl's parents.

3. As said, his previous marriage is still existing as there is no divorce. In fact this friend of mine has a son from this other marriage (i.e. from the woman he married in India/Delhi that is).

4. After this marriage to the 'new' hindu girl in Dubai, he & the girl moved to UK (on work permits etc). Following on, he has 2 further children with this 'new' girl in UK.

5. Note that there is still no word of a divorce of the previous marriage, which remains.

6. Incidentally, he has tried several attempts to divorce the previous marriage, but the woman from the forst marriage does not wish a divorce. She says she has been treated very badly, understands there is possible adultery from her husband's side (i.e my friend), & is angry because he has ruined her life along with the life of their son (the first child). She wants to exact full revenge.

7. In the mean time, my friend & the 'new' girl he has married in Dubai have completed all the forms in UK for getting the 'indefinite leave to remain' done in UK, which they received & last year they completed their paper-work to get British Passports (i.e. British Citizenships). They now have received that as well & they both are now British Citizens with British Passports.

8. Now, someone from the UK (possibly a relative of his) has somehow dropped the bomb in India where the 1st wife has basically come to know everything. The cat is now out of the bag, & it has come to light that:-

a) he married in dubai without first getting a divorce.

b) he lied to the girl + her parents in dubai about this existing marriage.

c) although he had started divorce proceedings while in India, there was no conclusion i.e. the divorce was not completed & the divorce still remains incomplete - i.e.e the marriage still exists.

d) he lied on all the british home office documents regarding his first marriage, & may have (not sure) supplid some 'fake' divorce document - but that is even unlikely.

The big question now is.....he thinks he is above the law and no-one can touch him. He has told everything to his current 2nd wife & she vows to protect him in this crime. I have decided to inform all the authorities about his actions.

Considering his current family, (wife - this 'new' hindu girl + the 2 kids....incidentally I am saying 'girl' as the woman is 20 years younger than him!), how bad a prosecution do you think he is going down for (in accordance with Hindu law & UK law)?

What does the Indian law say in this case? What would the UK law say - & the Dubai (middle -Eats law).

Sorry to be asking, but I am in a bit of a struggle in being a 'super-grass!!

regards & thanx in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

This one is straight out of some movie!

Living on the edge, living dangerously all suit to a spy whose fictional name is James Bond.

But have you ever seen James Bond charged of bigamy, adultery, custody, property disputes, slapped with a case of 498a and DV, just think about it.

Am sure James Bond is headed for disaster, and how!

Cannot give any advice without anything happening.  Either one of them if would have filed some case, would have been able to reply here, butas James Bond has taken one of them into confidence, it makes it all a little tricky.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     24 March 2013

What is the religion of your friend?

www.mehnat.in

vijay (M)     24 March 2013

1.  Is there documentary evidence of both marriages - disprove either of the marriages.  Kanoon saboot mangta hai.

2. what is his current nationality --  may help  if he gets a different passport.  it is very difficult to get a person extradited in such minor cases.

get converted in back date

learned friends would have more brilliant ideas  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register