Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Assistant Consultant)     29 November 2013

Marriage certificate

Dear All,

I want marriage certificate.

I have following information please correct / add and suggest.

1. Birth Certificate of both husband and wife. (like, 10th marksheet or birth certificates (not mandatory if born before 1989)

2. Residence proof. (There is possibility that present and permanent address can be different. can I give Ration card / Running bank statements for permanent proof? company letter head or running bank statement?)

3. 3-3 photographs for each husband and wife.

4. Affidavit by bothe the parties. What is this , it is not clear to me. Please post that pdf.

5. Which office authority issue marriage certificate?

6. I think  3 witness are required??

7. one marriage photo along with marriage card??

8. any fees is required??

Please give details of each step that is required to get marriage certificate.

Any agent is required (mandatory) to get marriage certificate???

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Hello Amit.

You need these documents for getting marriage certificate in India:

(i) Marriage Invitation card

(ii) 2 Photos of Bride and Groom in marriage dress taken during marriage ritual which clearly show they are taking part in marriage ceremony.

(iii) Documents which serve as Proof of Age [Preferably 10th class marks memo which has your photo and also your date of Birth on it.]

(iv) Address proof of current residing address which should be on Bride or Grooms name. Some of the accepted documents are Passport,Drivers Liscense, Voter ID card, GAS card, Electricity Bill on the name of the applicant. At least one of the applicant should have government issue Residence proof if not both the applicants.

(v) And 3 witnesses to certify your marriage.

You should go to the sub registrar office of the locality for which you have address proof. Along with the above mentioned original documents, carry an attested photocopy. No fee is prescribed for registration of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act. Fee for application is Rs.5 and fee for certified copy is Rs.10.

–Regards,

Advocate Pooja;

www.lawkonect.com

Amit (Assistant Consultant)     02 December 2013

Thanks Pooja.

Since my home town is Aligarh and marriage ceremony was conducted on my home towm. Now I am staying at Delhi.

That means I can raise marriage certificate request from my home towm only because it was conducted over there.

Can Ration card be used as a address proof if it is on my name (Aligarh address)?

Please suggest.

One more thing I wolud like to know from you:

My Wife has only first name so can she get my family name on this certificate?

Regards,

Amit Kumar

(Guest)

Hello Amit.

You can apply to the sub-registrar under whose jurisdiction the marriage had taken place, which in this case would be Aligarh. Alternatively, you can apply to the registrar of the place where either spouse stayed for at least six months before marriage. Thus, you may either apply to the sub-registrar, Aligarh, or where either you or your wife were living 6 months prior to the marriage.

With regards to the second query, the ration card can be used as an address proof.

Regarding your last query, your wife can adopt your family name in the certificate. For this, you can follow a simple procedure: you have to submit a joint affidavit sworn by both the husband and the wife regarding the change of name which is duly attested by the notary public. If you do not do this, then the Marriage Registrar will put the names as per documents submitted before him as he has no clue if she wants / have changed her surname and adopted husband’s name or is known by any other name!

You can call me at 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at info@lawkonect.com.

-Regards

Advocate Pooja

www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register