Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushik Nayak (executive)     03 October 2012

Marriage certificate

Hi All,

Could you please answer on my below queries?

1- Is marriage certificate is necessary to file a divorce or annulment petition?

2- In Rural areas who are the authorised persons/institutions to issue a marriage certificate?

3-What documents are required to obtain this certificate?

4-Is both party required to appear before the concerned authority during the issuance of the certificate?

5-In our case I dont think girls side will not cooperate with us since we are proceeding towards an annulment.So what can be done ?

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 October 2012

Originally posted by : Kaushik Nayak

1- Is marriage certificate is necessary to file a divorce or annulment petition?
Take: In a way NO. Marriage photograph, wedding card is enough.

2- In Rural areas who are the authorized persons/institutions to issue a marriage certificate?
Take: Few States have given authority to Patwaris, SDM, Tahsildar, gram Panchayat,
Temple. Depends upon State your query originates from. Check locally with an Advocate or search lawyer’s database in LCI to hire one for consultation on this para query.

3- What documents are required to obtain this certificate?
Take: Depends from State to State but more or less they are roughly the same. Follow last line reply of above para 2.

4-Is both party required to appear before the concerned authority during the issuance of the certificate?
Take: Follow last line replies of above para 2

5-In our case I don’t think girls side will not cooperate with us since we are proceeding towards an annulment. So what can be done ?
Take: Follow last line reply of above para 1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register