LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navneet   16 May 2016

Marriage

I like a boy during my college but he was not aware about this we were good friends. Then he suddenly got married in April 2012 . I also move on with my life. but just few days before through our common friend i come to know that he is not living wiht his wife.

i decided to meet him. 

I asked him why he is not living with his wife. He informed me that the marriage was done by the families I have not even met the girl before marriage as it not allowed in their caste. The girl was living with her family from the very first day of their marriage. And dint come to his home. 

But he was broken when he come to know that the girl was just 8th passed and he was informed that she is graduate in maths.

He decided that he will not spend the life with her. Neither the girl showed any intrest in coming to him. Now when he got a govt. job the girl and parents forced him to bring the girl home. But now he dint want live with her.  But he is not able to file divore because his family is not supporting him.

As he is already living apart from the girl since the day of marriage and its almost 3 years of their desertion , can he get divorce or can I marry him before his divorce.

Learning

11 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     16 May 2016

To some extent he hold valid  ground to call for divorce, but not fully, and your sympathy towards him is understandable and i do not advise you to venture into his life till the matter gets settled, and any misadventure is going to land him in more problems.

Vakalath (Vakeel No. 1)     16 May 2016

You can I now believe that you understand marriage wont last, let him continue with marriage, you can go as live-in partner with him right-away which is lot safer and better than he going for divorce which is almost next to impossible.

Navneet   16 May 2016

Sir why cant he get divorce?

Navneet   16 May 2016

Sir my family will not allow me for live in 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 May 2016

Divorce case will run for years and so if both your friend and his wife doesn't want to live together let him convince her for MCD which is the quickest way

Dr Martin Campbell (Doctor)     16 May 2016

Marriage is no gaurantee for permanent shelter nor relationship status as "Married".  IT however does give legal binding to any female who wants to marry for any reason, but it has to be kept in mind, seeking shelter in name of marriage does not gaurantee you, life-long care/money, even legally.

Marriage should rather be union of two minds than just bodies.  If he is ok with you, and u both trust each other, nothing like it.  Simply start living with each other.  If he applies divorce,  chances are that he will get it    after 2 decades, or if not lucky might not get divorce at all.  

So go ahead with and follow what your heart says than what law says.

Navneet   16 May 2016

Thank you all for your valubale reply

Navneet   16 May 2016

@ Saravanan Sir , As he told that after he got the govt job the girl and her family are forcing him to bring her i dont think they will get ready for MCD. 

Navneet   16 May 2016

@ Mr. Martin & @ vakalath , Sir thank you for understanding my case. 

Please confirm me that if we live in live in relationship is there any Law  our support for live in. 

Dr Martin Campbell (Doctor)     16 May 2016

You can live in, but you should not leave any proof of marraige like photo, wedding card, marriage certificate.  Rest is fine. All d best.

A walk alone (-)     16 May 2016

He can file divorce on desertion and cruelty ground without family support. In the mean time he can try MCD. Without divorce he should not remarry otherwise his first wife can file bigamy on him. If he want to live you then he can live in relationship .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register