Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shridhar Patil (Student)     05 June 2012

Live-in-relationship aggrement and suggestions

Hi,

Me & my friend know each other from past 15 years from college days. She got married 3 years back with some person & I got married 2 years back. We both are married with different partners & we both have problems & live separetely past 2-3 years. She married 3 years back but she is in her parents house after marriage. Mine is also similiar case. We have not even tasted so called family life. No kids for her or for me.

I have applied for divorce recently on basis of desertation in court which is pending.
My friend has some family problem. Her husband has left her in air. She is waiting for her husband to file case on her. There is no point of return & his family has made same mind.

We both know each other very well & know each other's problem. We both have decided to forget past & continue journey of life together from now-on.

My case will take time and her case has not started yet. But she is sure she will never return to existing husband.

1. Can you please give me any specific format of "AGGREMENT for LIVE-IN-RELATIONSHIP", if needed we will affiduate it. Is the aggrement a good idea ?

2. Please give me information if she wear mangalsutra, sindoor and toe-ring could be a problem for me ? She does not wear now. She has registered divorce document from her husband. I want to give her wife status in front of society without marriage in front of god/people or without any kind of registration.

3. I have my own house here. But I stay in a PG currently. She is ready to rent house where I can move in & live-in life till we get divorce & further continue as husband wife.

Please suggest ways so that we should not get pissed-off in law things & we both are only interested to make our life successfull with help of each other, committed to help each other in difficult times, have 100% faith in each other & love each other.

For sake of god please guide us.

Thanks you in advance.

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     05 June 2012

1. Donot invoke GOD in such humane activities first of all in guise of typical Indian mentality of talking everything via mouth of emotions and sentiments yet fearing laws of the land.
Best would be to opt live-in on foundations of trust. Live in concept is based on trial and error relationship between two persons and is suitable for those couples who donot want to give it a name such as “commitment” and is a basically a catchign up social lifestyle. Trust is the sole ingredient to enjoy successful live-in and not giving it a name of “social commitment” as desired by you via your brief (mangalsutra, toe ring, sindoor, declaring her to the status of wife etc.) Live-in is also an oldest Indian tradition but down historical line it was lost talking about and not popular en-mass and is still perceived to be a western concept but gaining popularity in metros as alternate lifestyle. Let this lifestyle remain the way it is donot Indianise it now when gender biased laws are there to catch you off guard. You need mature Judiciary and mature LCI to discuss all these lifestyle concepts.
Laws says live-in is not a crime. But the moment you showcause live-in and give it a grading of marriage and or relationship to the nature of marriage before society both keep, the tone of Law changes.
There are sufficient past posts / discussions on live-in here which may guide you further on right path.
5. The Agreement that you are seekign advise form us is not applicable in your case as both of you are not legally divorcees before eyes and gossiping ears of society that you have plans to migrate to. Such Agreements may be given legal shape for those puppy couples who are respectively enjoying un-married status before entering into one such Arrangments and is called as pre-nups whcih is a western concept picking momentum in India now-a-days.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     05 June 2012

In indian criminal law, having physical relationship with a married woman, even with her consent is an offence.

(Guest)

For profressional person relationship is also  professional matter....OMG!..this is not fair..professionals should be in professional house only and keep away from treating human relations with ....these people neither preserve their relationship..they are always heart breakers..!!!!!

Shridhar Patil (Student)     05 June 2012

Please provide the format of aggrement.

My lawyer believes next maximum 2-3 months will get divorce for me. As far as I know my dear wife will not go appeal since I am paying good amount of money & settle things.

As far as her case is concerned since she does not know where her husband is, she is ready to go for consent but it will take another 1 or max 2 year. Also her husband has informed her parents that he wants to get separated from her.

My lawyer has assured that we both will get 100% divorce, but till that time we want to live-in together, thus sir I request you to give proper good suggestion.

Ranee....... (NA)     05 June 2012

@Author, 

take mutual divorce then proceed.If your spouse is not ready for MCD then your liv in may trouble you in divorce case.

(Guest)

@Sridhar go a head nothing will happen.

In our great country money makes the difference.

And what your ex-wife need in the end i.e. Money that you will give her later or sooner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register