Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagjeet (peon)     16 December 2010

Legal actions against wife & in-laws

Dear Advocates,

Please help in following matter :

1. Marriage happened in October, 2009. From the day one wife is not adjusting and in-laws interfares a lot. Normal arguments were there. Family includes me, mother, sister (now married) and my wife. Though it was my mistake to marry a girl from such a bad family. Disputes arises before marriage due to customs as it was an inter-caste marriage. Though in-laws committed to perform the marriage as per our customs but later on broken their commitments. NO DOWRY WAS INVOLVED AND DEMANDED as I am the only son and everything is there at my home by god's grace. They are greedy type family and after my money and properties.
  2. Wife was earlier working in a private school but due to pregnancy has left. In the month of June, 2010 she has gone to her parental home carrying all the jewellery including my engagement ring and gold chain which I kept with her. Also she has carried my appointment letter. After going there, she stopped talking and when enquired from FIL, he in a very agressive tone replied not to contact her as we have tortured her and tried to kill her which was absolutely false. It was really a shock to me when I heard my FIL words. Also he said that he is not going to send her daughter back thus unable us to marry my sister. I enquired about the issue but it was all about the terms they were putting on me regarding my mother to throw her out of home which was not possible for me as the things were not justified and the home was hers. Being her only son and the only male person it was my responsibility to look after her as my father is not there. Just for a girl who came into my life a year before, how can I leave my mother and forget all her sacrifices she has given to bring me up without any support from paternal and maternal relatives. Also my mother is epileptic. For throwing out my mother, my FIL threatened to put us behind bars by filing false dowry related cases. I was totally afraid. Also FIL had given life threats.  But after staying there for 20 days she returned with all the gold which I have taken in my custody later on.
  3. Due to threats and other dramas from wife, I have contacted SIFF and on the advice I have shifted to a rented place in August, 2010. Interferance from in-laws increased and wife became more in-human. They were happy after I shifted to new place and offered me to accept cash for initial help which I rejected. Then they visited and bought a refrigerator and washing machine and presented to my wife as gift. Again due to their interfarence, arguements were there. They put pressure to handover all my salary in the hands of wife and due to pressure I have given the consent but have not acted. Wife still not settling and her concentration is only at her parental home. I have tried my best but things have worsened. Her concentration was only on gold which I refused to give in the absence of receipt from her.
  4. Married my sister last month. Wife has pregnancy of 7 months. Mother is living alone in our own house. Tried to made my wife understand the problems at home and with me to concentrate on two different homes and bearing additional cost of rent but she is not ready to understand. She don't want to move to that house but rather want me to set up a house for her. With such issues, I have lost my job due to non-performance.
  5. Yesterday I have a fight with wife regarding this as I can't tolerate that my mother is living a lonely life and drama is there in front of society.

I seriously want to get rid from my wife and my in-laws. There greed will never end. They are well aware that no elder person is there, therefore put terms and pressurize me to do the same.

Please provide some solution to divorce my wife.

Learning

3 Replies

JAYESH (Sr. Executive HR.)     16 December 2010

Hey Brothers,

I can't write much as I'm spyed by somebody & everybody. Condition is very bad. 1,2,3,... then there will be a group

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     16 December 2010

@Jagjit You should consult a good advocate to resolve your issue. Its tricky and complicated. You have falled prey to a trap it seems. Now more you try to come out more you would entangle. You should try to fetch some proofs against your wife and the interferences by your in-laws in the form of photos of seperate home, rent slips, video recording, audio recording etc. This will help you build material in the court. SIFF could help you get out of this at earliest. Take their voluteers help. Though they are helpful but a word of cautiion is that don't trust anyone blindly and take measured and sensible steps now. //peace /Saurabh.V

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.09960223100, 09271971251

e.mail.advocatesawantnb@yahoo.com

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING YOUR MARRIAGE AND PROBLEM WITH INLAWS KINDLY NOTE THAT

1.YOU HAD SOME DIFFERENCES WITH YOUR WIFE AND INLAWS AND YOU ARE LIVING SEPERATELY WITH YOUR WIFE.SHE IS PREGNENT OF SEVEN MONTHS.

2.YOUR MOTHER IS LIVING SEPERATE AND SISTER IS MARRIED.

3.KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A FACT THAT NOT A SINGLE CASE IS FILED AGAINST YOU OR YOUR FAMILY BY WIFE.SHE IS RESIDING WITH YOU AND IS PREGNENT.SHE NEEDS MEDICAL CARE AND ATTENTION AND HELP FROM YOU.SO IT IS ADVISIBLE TO KEEP COOL AND TAKE CARE OF HER. KINDLY NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE DIFFERENCES OF OPENION IN ALMOST ALL FAMILIES BUT TAKING DIVORCE IS NO SOLUTION FOR THE SAME .YOU SIT ACROSS THE TABLE AND TRY TO SORT OUT THE DIFFERENCES.IT IS A FACT THAT NOT A SINGLE CASE IS FILED BY WIFE AGAINST YOU AND YOUR FAMILY .HENCE SHE IS ALSO WILLING TO STAY WITH YOU.OF COURSE AS DURING YOUNG AGE ALL HAVE DREAMS .BUT ONCE YOU BECOME FATHER AND MOTHER THEN YOU WILL FEEL THE DIFFERENCE AND FEELING OF RESPONSIBILITY .SO KEEP COOL AND DO NOT INVITE TROUBLE AS THERE WILL BE NO END TO THE DISPUTE AND WILL SUFFER FINANCIALY AND ALSO LOOSE MENTAL PEACE. SO KEEP PATIENCE AND LEAVE A PEACEFUL MARRIED LIFE.CONCENTRATE ON JOB AND EARN MORE FOR YOUR KID WHO WILL BE ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS SOON . GOOD LUCK.

YOU MAY WRITE OR CALL FOR ANY FURTHER LEGAL HELP.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register