LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh kumar joshi   05 April 2024

Legal action to be taken by a trekking company in case of non-payment of dues

I have rented out a trekking gear from a Trekking company. But I lost it and couldn't return back to them before I finished my trip.

After I came back to my hometown, I informed the company about the same. They've taken a refundable deposit from me along with the rent amount of the trekking gear. Now they're asking me to pay for the entire amount of the trekking gear which I believe is much higher than what is the actual cost.
When I refused saying that what was the refundable deposit amount being charged to me for? Wasn't that for if the trekking gear gets lost or damaged then deposit won't be refunded? Why they're asking me to pay extra money?
To which they've replied to me that it's their company policy to pay for whole amount. Non-payment of same will lead them to take legal action against me?
I need help to know what are my rights and if I am doing the right thing here or not?
NOTE: I do have the payment receipt with me where it's mentioned that I have paid them rental amount plus refundable deposit.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 April 2024

Yes. they can take action according to the terms and conditions of rented trekking agreement.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2024

You may go through the terms and conditions of the company on this issue.

Whether or not, you can ask them to proceed through court, where you can challenge the same on the basis of the deposit amount already adjusted by them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register