Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar shinde (student)     31 July 2013

Lease property- how to make proper documents?

Q. My father has purchased a leased property in 1985. Property is on 99years lease with PCMC corporation. Since, then my father neglected to transfer the property on his name through proper channel. Currently, PCMC corporation has stayed transfer of property . Now original owner is old. So, I want to ask what are the options in front of us so that even after owner dies, our clam on property will be legally assured?

We have made a general power of attorney from orignial owner on my Father's name.

What else is required so that even if original owner dies, his children will not claim their rights on property. Our original owner is very good and decent man and ready to help in any documents that we will make for doing so.

Learning

2 Replies

sagar shinde (student)     31 July 2013

Also, let me know if we can make 

1) Release deep/quit claim deed from original owner ?

2) Registered will of owner

3) Gift deed?

For any such documents, will it be good if we mention in the document that " Since PCMC corporation has stayed transfer of property, we could not do that and I the original owner and my children know this fact and will not claim this property in future"

Currently, electricity bill is in our name. But water bill is in original owners name.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     06 August 2013

why didnot ur father had gone for sale deed at that time itself, on what grounds BMC had asked for stay of transfer of property, let us know the grounds so that we can advice u properly. When stay is in force POA will have little importance. Contest the case on its merit, after revoking the stay u can do further documentation, till then status quo have to be maintained. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register