Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaiswar Vipin Kumar R (Operation Manager )     07 June 2012

Lease agreement extension clause

Hi Sir,

I have a company and for that I have took one Flat on rent with out any locking period and agreement was for 3 years. In the agreement we listed below points such as

• ·         Before leaving or asking for leaving the place by any party, he need to give 2 month notices.
  • ·         According to agreement every year we need to pay  2% hick in Rent.

Now on the March 2nd 2012 we hade gave he notice to the owner saying that “We are shifting to new place because the current space is not enough for us” and on the May 2nd that got over (we full file the first point).

But in that 2 month we are not able to find the other big office and we ask owner to extension for 1 more month (till 31st May 2012) and he gave us that period as well, with out any new clause.

So my question is that

• Is the older agreement cluse will continues after giving notice period and extension of 1 month?·
  • Because now owner asking for 2% more rent then only he can release our security deposit?
  • And we are completed  1 year on this 31sy May  2012, before that we had have notice?

Thanks
Jaiswar Vipin Kumar R

Learning

1 Replies

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     10 June 2012

2% hike will be in force

you will have to pay higher rent of 2% of the extension perid

you say he is not returning your security deposit

He is correct

Pay 2% extra for whole yr

Get back the Security

Its as simple as that