Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jithendra.H.J (Lawyer)     02 March 2012

Lawyers attacked

incident, today:

First some media persons were holding tube lights and waiting to beat advocates. Then there was fight between a group of media persons and a group of lawyers. Then police came and said lawyers should go inside the court and press should be outside.
Then the police joined with the press pelted stones at advocates. One advocate fell due to the stone pelting by the press and when other advocates tried helping him, police started beating the advocates.
I am told that 3 advocates are dead (I wish it is not true and that the source is wrong). Advocates were taken in 4 ambulances. Kannada Media Channels are showing only two police and media person who are affected.
Then advocates were locked inside the premises by the police and the police started firing, beating advocates and calling advocates saying “come, we will teach you a listen today”. Then police threw stones from outside the court and the windows broke and an advocate arguing in court hall 1 was hit by a stone either thrown by the press or the police.
I saw the Kannada news channels that are blaming the advocates and not even allowing the advocate to talk in the discussion by saying that you should not take law into your hands and you should only use your mouth to argue. But the above narrated is what I heard from someone who was there in the scene.
May be all three (Advocates, police, media) are wrong, I do not know, but I have these questions in my mind:
Was this incident pre-planned and executed by the media and the police to tarnish the image of advocates and show them as despicable, un civilized and barbaric, to the general public?
Why only show advocates in such a bad light?
Is there collusion between the media and the police?
Are advocates such a vulnerable community?
Are the advocates wrong or are they only shown in bad light?
Why is media publishing provocative speeches and discussions against advocates only and not showing any of the incidents committed by its people and the police?

-Pushpaveni Ajith

Hello friends, very sad to tell that media is projecting the society in a wrong way. The news which is shown about the advocates in media is so exaggerated and its one sided. Even I feel very sad to say that an advocate is shot dead in civil court premises by the brutal act of the media folks. And also n-number of vehicles [both two n four wheeler] is burnt and many advocates have been hospitalized. But nothing is shown by the media and they are projecting as though they are sober and innocent. But the fact is different. So my dear friends plz don’t go by news channels and concluded urself wrongly which is one-sided …..
-Deepthi Kn Vasudev

Learning

2 Replies

MADHUSUDAN G R (Advocate)     02 March 2012

I request the media to telecast the views of some advocates also, as they r doing with the drivers of OBC, public and showing the wounded police.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register