Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthikeyan   04 November 2015

Lawer fees

Hi All,

i and my sister offered a gift deed property from my father and he cancelled it without our knowlege. we filed a suit against this dispute and finally the judgement came in favour of us. 

To conduct this case, I gave 71,250 for mount fees, 5000 for court document changers and 40,000 for advocate fees. when we approach the lawer1 he asked us 45,000 and we negotiated it to 40,000. this fees is for the whole process. we paid 25,000 as advance and i told him that i'll pay the remaining amount after the judgement and he also accepted it. He forwarded this suit into his relative lawer (lawer 2) and lawer2 is the one who fully handled this case. we paid the remaining amount 15,000 when they called us for trails. after the judgement, lawer2 asking me 35,000 more fees since we won. and he paid around 46,000 only to the court as a mount fees.  when we asked about the mount fees to lawer1. he is not properly answering us and keep on saying us"come tomorrow". i have a paper and he written the fees structure with his own hand in it. now lawer2 has our documents and evidence and the opposite party is about to go for appeal again.

Could anyone please help me to sort out this issue and get back my money.

thanks in advance..

Learning

2 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     04 November 2015

Like Goods once sold will not be taken back the same is with Lawyer's fes also. Fees once paid will not be returned.

(Guest)

karthikey -

move it to bar council..lawyers are not above the law.....whether you win or not with your statements in the bar council is secondary ,let the members of the bar council committe know the kind of the lawyer he is.and they know how to get the things out (if he has a history of doing this already)..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register