LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Farhad Hossain (Student)     27 July 2013

Law to marry a hindu girl

I am a muslim boy.I want to marry a hindu girl.I know there is a SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT to conduct this kind of marriage.but my question is what is the procedure to do it?If the girls parents take her away from me forcefully what I can do legally?My parents knows it and thinks my life would be in risk.In many cases they have seen that the girl's family laudges a complain and sent the boy behind the bar.So what lega step should I take to live with the girl happily.And the girl wants to convert in future,but she wants to take some time.She dont wants to change her religion just for marriage.she wants to convert with faith.So if she converts after 10years of our marriage what we have to do legally??

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

@ Querist,

If she marries you without converting herself to islaam,then your marriage will come under special marriage act.You have to follow the laws prevailing to said act.

Once marriage done,nothing can happen.But,you have to register your marriage.So,don't fear as for registering marriage her consent is also needed.

(Guest)

If you want to make your life hell, then think about marriage. Once you get married, then, you will have to face a gender biased law and your life will become hell.

(Guest)

The purpose is not to discourage you, but to make you aware about the gender biased law of India.

(Guest)

@ Golden Sward,

Thanks,Golden sward for making me to remember this gender biased law,as i was struck with the question of the querist as he was seeking for his love to get married.

@querist,

But,after that be ready to face the music once you have been married:

or else go trough the below link

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Stop-it-Before-it-Will-Kill-All--84981.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/A-well-said-strategy-to-fight-false-498a-DV-and-maintenanace-cases-84890.asp#.UfOuhKy9LFw

What do you mean by gender biased law???? And she is ready to leave her family.She is adult and me too
she has crossed 18 and I have crossed 21.So according to law their family cant prove that I have married a minor.

Frankly tell me what difficulties I could face in future.So we both me and the girl I love can take necessary step

(Guest)

N no. of Difficulties waiting for you if your girl ditches you after marriage.

I think you have not gone to my links........

Better proceed first or be a regular visitor of this LCI For only one month in the family as well as criminal forum.

You will come out with flying coulours my champ !

Farhad Hossain (Student)     28 July 2013

listen bro i am really thankfull to to you that you are telling me the difficulties i may have to face in future if my girl ditches me.But i dont think she will ditch me.I have that much confidence.So plz tell me what her family can do legally.can they take any step legally against me.I just wanna know this.Nothing else.I have gone through your link.So i can understand what u wanna tell me,thanx for that.but if we write on an stamp paper that i am not taking any dowry is that will be safe for me??And her family never going to accept us as they are conservative brahmin.Thats why I am asking that after perfrmng marriage under Special Marriage act her family can do anything against us to seperate us?????We just wanna live together.nothing else.we can face social problem.but I am asking just about the legal problem i may have to face from the girl's family

Faiyaz Khalid (Student)     29 July 2013

@FarhadHossain Respectfully you must consult to nearer civil lawyer confrontly. I think here you can't get the answer and remedy completly.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     30 July 2013

you can very well marry the girl of other caste and our experts are explaining you about the consequences after marriage who marries the different caste 

1. for this special marriage first you have to apply to the sub registrar office and they will keep in the notice board for 30 days 

2. if no one opposes for the marriage then you can very well marry her 

3. The marriage officer will conduct the marriage  

Certificate of marriage.-(1) When the marriage has been solemnized the Marriage Officer shall 

enter a certificate thereof in the Form specified in the Fourth Schedule in a book to be kept by him for 

that purpose and to be called the Marriage Certificate Book and such certificate shall be signed by the 

parties to the marriage and the three witnesses. 

(2) On a certificate being entered in the Marriage Certificate Book by the Marriage Officer, the 

certificate shall be deemed to be conclusive evidence of the fact that a marriage under this Act has been 

solemnized and that all formalities respecting the signatures of witnesses have been complied with. 

4. once it is registered then no one can separate you but 

5. if her parents insist her to come with them or they will suicide black mailinig her and she may leave you 

6. then the problems starts 

7 that why our experts have coutioned you before taking a step

8. but if you are happy then no question of lawyer or any one advice 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register