LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. khan   23 July 2023

Land related case

My father and my Father-in-law are blood brothers.
Recently my father has separated me and my wife as she was unable to bring much dowry, the case went
in court and we reached an out of court settlement (in which I got .nothing).
My father has been selling the inherited land from my grandfather from last 2 decades but there's a still a little amount of land.
So I filed an stay order on whatever land my father has inherited so as to avoid him from selling the land now.
The land inherited is still not properly divided yet, so can my father file any case against my Father-in-law in relation to my father-in-law's inherited piece of land.

Learning

5 Replies

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     23 July 2023

@Querist,

You don't deserve any reply.

Thank you.

1 Like

Raghav Arora   23 July 2023

Originally posted by : Sumitra kumar

@Querist,You don't deserve any reply.Thank you.

Sumitra Ji. We do not encourage, rather strongly condemn such replies to any queries. They may be incomplete/inchoate/untrue/undeserving for you but, unless and until it is an outright abuse of the platform, we do not use the language and expression as used above. 

Hope you would take this constructively and not repeat the same on the platform. 

Mr. Khan, you may wait for other querists to revert to your query. 

Regards

Adv. Raghav Arora

Managing Editor

LAWyersClubIndia

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     23 July 2023

@Adv. Raghav Arora,

It is quite surprising for me that I shot two private message to the admins of this platform and there no one wrote. And for this, you seem to very prompt. I would be continue doing so if, in my prudent judgment, it is just. The ball in your court. You may ban me!

Thank you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 July 2023

Under Muslim law, there is no concept of inherited or ancestral property. Your father is the absolute owner of the property and,other than making a Will,  he can dispose or deal with the same at his discretion.

You have no right, and you are not even a legal heir to his property, during his lifetime. Under Mohammedan law, the property opens upon partition only after the demise of the holder of the property.

Mr. khan   26 July 2023

@P.Venu Thank you sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register