LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANDEEP KUMAR (librarian)     07 February 2016

Land agreement

Dear Sir and Ma'am I have an ancestral property. Maximum number of plots have been sold. There are three plots remaining. Now come to the point, a person came to my father and made an agreement to purchase a plot of 1500 sq feet in 10 lakhs. 3 lakhs have been given in advance. But in the agreement the person did not mention that for which plot he was making the agreement. Now the plot I had agreed to sell to him is different and he starting to claim on another plot because it has good location. He is a property dealer. Now if he will claim on any other plot-Am I bound to sell the same plot what he needs?

Learning

2 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     07 February 2016

No there is no such boundation on you . Understand this . If the documents by virtue of which the sale is to take place are in themselves unclear about which land is being discussed , they are void as per section 29 of the Indian contract act . Also there are numerous judgements in this regard which state that failure to give proper identification of property over title deeds make them invalid . Either file a caw for rectification of the said documents under the specific relief act or simply ask him to withdraw his false claim. The best option to proceed right now without much ado would be to serve him with a legal notice . That way matter won't be too complicated as it would be if it eventually goes to court . Also the notice will ensure that he doesn't cross the line next time . Have a notice served upon him

SANDEEP KUMAR (librarian)     07 February 2016

Thank u very much sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register