Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarunjeet Singh Taneja (Manager )     10 January 2012

Joint ownership of property between mother and son

dear sir,

a property was purchased in the name of mother and being elder son i stood as gurantor to fund the emi of that property. in papers i stood as co - owner. i am fighting for divorse case.

my question to the forum is that can my wife claim her share in the property? although all initial money was paid to the builder was funded by my mother ?.

and property will be in whose name my mother or mine?

kindly suggest.

Learning

5 Replies

o sivasailanathan (advocate)     10 January 2012

why did you not state the total members of your family..? means how many sons and daughters for your mother..? ok now for the property you are also a co-owner as you stated... then how did your wife claim the property ? no 

but one thing she may ask maintanece charge out of your share...

why dont you settle your divoce with lump sum settlement ?

what is the present stage of your divorce case ? what ground..? your wife's finacial status..? wethr she is employed?

Sir, we are four members in family. I have younger brother who is unmarried , me, my mother and my father.

I am earning 48K per month and my wife is teacher and employed in a school at TGT and she is earning roughly 40 K per month. Out of our wedlock we have baby girl who is 6+ years and stays with her mother and studies in her school only where she is working.

I have filled a divorce case under cruelty and she has filed a case against me and my family in DV and dowry. We have given her 5 lacs but her demand is 35 lacs. she says in the property where my mother and  i am  co- owners she wants to have share in that property.

so i want to know whether she can claim any maintenance in terms of property?

sir please do let me know.

Sir, we are four members in family. I have younger brother who is unmarried , me, my mother and my father.

I am earning 48K per month and my wife is teacher and employed in a school at TGT and she is earning roughly 40 K per month. Out of our wedlock we have baby girl who is 6+ years and stays with her mother and studies in her school only where she is working.

I have filed a divorce case under cruelty and she has filed a case against me and my family in DV and dowry. We have given her 5 lacs but her demand is 35 lacs. she says in the property where my mother and i am co-owners she wants to have share in that property.

so i want to know whether she can claim any maintenance in terms of property? sir please do let me know.

Tarunjeet Singh Taneja (Manager )     13 January 2012

I have filed a divorce case under cruelty and she has filed a case against me and my family in DV and dowry. We have given her 5 lacs but her demand is 35 lacs. she says in the property where my mother and i am co-owners she wants to have share in that property.

so i want to know whether she can claim any maintenance in terms of property? sir please do let me know.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 January 2012

NO she can not, but she can claim maintenance for the child.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register