Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Guptha (Self)     25 December 2009

Is the deposit money received for employment refundable ?

I was an employee in a self financing organization. At the time of my employment the management received a certain sum of money from me as deposit amount and orally agreed to refund the same at the time of retirement/resignation. They have already issued me a receipt for the same amount as “building fund”. They have been showing this ‘building fund’ amount in the liability side of their balance sheet. Now I resigned from there. But when I ask them to refund my deposit amount, the management is unwilling to do so and says that there is no written agreement regarding the refund.

I would like to know is there any way for refunding my deposit money back. I have deposit the same amount there only in their written statement in my appointment letter that I will be paid as per salary given for a Govt. employee (but I have not been paid as per Govt. rules).

Kindly advice in this matter.

Learning

5 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     25 December 2009

This query would more details viz. the structure of the organization - society, firm, company etc. also the designation, nature of job and the salary received (consolidated or break up structure like a government structure etc.

vasudevan

Vijay Guptha (Self)     26 December 2009

I was worked in the post of  "Assistant Administrative Officer" in an educational institution which is formed under the control of a charitable trust and I received salary in the scale of pay (but my salary amount is very less as compared with  salary given for a Govt. employee) .

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     29 December 2009

From the limited information given it appears that it is an institution is a charitable society registered under the Trusts Act. You may raise the issue with the department of technical education or the competent authority in whose control the institution is functioning.

vasudevan

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     01 January 2010

>>orally agreed to refund the same

This might be a bone of contention, since there is no documentary evidence right? You would need to consult a lawyer to see if you have other avenues to explore in getting back your hard-earned money.

Vijay Guptha (Self)     03 January 2010

Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

I have the receipt of my depsoit money and they have been showing this amount in the liability side of their balance sheet.

Sir, Is any way to move for a legal steps for getting my money back ?

Vijay Guptha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register