Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna (Se)     08 July 2015

Is mediation process compulsory for mutual divorce case?

Hi, 

I am 36yrs old man and me and my wife have been living separately for almost 5yrs. If we go for mutual consent divorce, is mediation process compulsory? What is the best and fastest way to get mutual divorce and pls suggest a good lawyer in hyderabad?

thanks.

Learning

9 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 July 2015

to my knowledge mediation is compulsory in matrimonial disputes

SuperHero (Manager)     08 July 2015

They will try for reconciliation. Since you have been separated for 5 Years. Think if there is still trust and respect you can reconcile and live a Happy Married Life.

A well drafted petition for MCD and it can be clearly notified that the marriage is irretrivably broken.

File now and after 6 months both are free. What does Free mean???

legaljoe68 (member)     23 July 2015

no need to wait for six months there are judgments of supreme court thqt family court csn waive off 6 months period

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     04 September 2015

When you are already living separately for 5 years, where is the case for mediation.  You can straightaway file a case for divorce. 

(Guest)

Mediation ki ma ben, you folks wont listen to each other, what will you listen to some kaala coat wala  who is least bothered about you? ha ha ha

deep (deep)     07 September 2015

Beleive it, mediation table is the only opprtunity to initiate married life again. Else, ego of both of u n both  families wont let u talk anywhere anytime  even. Try to avail it n at least try one last time but honestly, 

Divorce would not do anything good.  

Later, everyone goes on , but both partners would regret but that will be too late

Hope ur wife also understands that

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     11 September 2015

Mr. Gyan Prakash jee" I find your comments derogatory.  Please refrain from using this type of language in this forum otherwise it will be reported to Admin

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     11 September 2015

Even in MCD case also, courts insist to send the parties for mediation. You can cross over that hurdle in one mediation session by saying that you both are going for MCD and the matter be reverted back to court for further proceedings.

(Guest)

Its court way.  A protocol which court follows, is to send couple for mediation.  Whatever might be the outcome, court will follow the steps, however if wife and husband dont want to reconcile, what can court do or mediators do?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register