LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is it a ground of mental cruelty by wife

Our Marriage life is 7 years. 1 Daughter. 

2 months after RCR petition filed by me, my wife return with daughter to my home. Wife is schizophrenia disorder patient. At the time of return she and her mother and all relatives go to our nearest police station and complain verbally against me that I have torture her mentally and bet her. Those are false allegation.
Police came with her and threatened me "now telling you don't do torture again If we need to come 2nd time then we will send you zail and court for 498A and DV act. 
All verbal complain against me are false. before RCR During 4 months I check up my wife by psychiatric Doctors and already complete "psychometric IQ test" recomend by doctors.
So I have all proofs to my hand that my wife is mental patient (schizophrenia) and she was left marital house without any torture by me.
My question are :-
(1) Without any written case can police come to my home with my home and threatened for future 498 A. 

(2) 2 months ago I have filed RCR petition for my wife through District Judge, so now she return my home with police and police threatened me and harassed me in public. Wife already harassed me before public 2 times when she call our local party office and Municipal chair Man. Is it a ground of Mental Cruelty of my wife ?

Learning

3 Replies

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     24 December 2013

Mr. Jibraan

You have narated regarding mental cruelity of your wife against you.Having a look upon your massage. it is still not clear that what do you want with her? Do you still want to continue relations with her. Pl.tell me in detail with other concerned papers to opine you clearly.

(Guest)

Hello Syed Qaisar Ali,

Though my wife came back home before 1st hearing of RCR and now stay with me. I know still she will again harass me in future same as past during this 7 years of our marriage. 

After police complain which I have mention before I do not want to continue relations with her. My question is can it be a valid Ground of mental cruelty. Then I will cancel RCR and apply for Divorce due to her mental Cruelty and unsound mind.

gautam (not disclosed)     06 February 2014

you can file a case of divorce based on mental cruelty citing all such instances (better to have proofs and witnesses) and be ready for a long fight

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register