LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Spin Foams Gravity   21 August 2023

inquiry note in FIR

Is it mandatory in the law, for the I.O. to prepare Inquiry Note of the accused, before filing cancellation of F.I.R registered u/s 354 IPC against the accused.
Experts kindly guide🙏

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2023

The scope of preliminary inquiry is not to verify the veracity or otherwise of the information received but only to ascertain whether the information reveals any cognizable offence.

As to what type and in which cases preliminary inquiry is to be conducted will depend on the facts and circumstances of each case. The category of cases in which preliminary inquiry may be made are as under:

(a) Matrimonial disputes/family disputes

(b) Commercial offences

(c) Medical negligence cases

(d) Corruption cases

(e) Cases where there is abnormal delay/laches in initiating criminal prosecution, for example, over 3 months' delay in reporting the matter without satisfactorily explaining the reasons for delay.

The aforesaid are only illustrations and not exhaustive of all conditions which may warrant preliminary inquiry.

Spin Foams Gravity   21 August 2023

Sir, This case falls under clause (e) of the above. In the information received under RTI, the I.O. has not prepared INQUIRY NOTE of accused because he was colluded with the accused now in such a situation how to proceed further, kindly guide

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register