LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NEWSIRN MUMBAI (OTHER)     06 July 2022

Infringement of copyrights

I have very new website. I heard and leant from internet how to earn by News Website.
I opened the website, used WP Automatic Post Generator, which uses RSS link of other website and copy paste the same article on my website.

I paid for that wordpress plugin also, which generate automatic post on my website, and also give SOURCE LINK to original news ppst aslo.

But today I have recd notice for violation of copyright news material. They sent legal notice lkie this :

We (LAWYRE COMPLANY) are contacting you on behalf of our Client M/s. (ORIGINAL COMNAY) a leading news wire company both in linear and digital mediums and is also the owner of leading digital platforms (NAME) is one of the largest media company founded in 1986 and leading in the field of journalism since.

We have seen and come across several instances of wilful infringement of our clients work in the following links of yours:

DETAILS OF LINKS THEY PROVIDED 

You are well aware that any usage of copyrighted content without a valid licence is unlawful and amounts to infringement of copyrights and which can result in both civil and criminal actions. Your actions are acts of plagiarism wherein you have verbatim copied news articles of (COMPANY NAME FROM WHOSE WEBSITE COPYRGHT HAPPENED)  which are copyrighted works. These are being done in an unlawful and illegal manner. These are clearly in violation of not only laws of our country including copyright laws but also clear-cut violations of global copyright laws. 

By way of this present notice, we hereby call upon you to do the following:

Forthwith cease and desist from using copyrighted work of our clients and also forthwith remove/delete all such works highlighted hereinabove.

Furnish and disclose all the usage reports, complete and updated in all respects, and also produce the books of accounts related to this published content and to disclose in a fair & transparent manner all such profits and gains made as a result of such unlawful usage.

Forthwith deposit an amount of USD 500 /-  immediately for each unlawful usage of Content by you. The amount shall be deposited to (NAME OF COMPANY ) after which No Obligation Certificate will be issued.

Failure to comply with this Notice will lead us to escalate the issue to your website hosting provider and registrar for doing the needful in terms of website suspension and also the suspension of ad networks on your website which you are using to generate revenue.

Please note that the remedies provided in this Notice and the damages claimed are without prejudice to any and all rights and/or remedies as our Client may be entitled to including any and all compensation and/or damages on account of your past, present and/or future utilisation of our content/works without our consent. 

A copy of the instant notice has been retained in our office for further necessary action, if required.

I, Advocate NAME, am authorised to write to you on behalf of COMPNAY NAME. This Notice sent to you is accurate and without prejudice to the rights and remedies of Rights Holders, all of which are expressly reserved.

My complete details are available at the signature below.

DETAILS

THEY SENT ME THIS DETAILS BY EMAIL WITHOUT ANY SEAL OR LOGO , AND SENT NOTICE LOOKNG LIKE PLAIN WRITING

THEY ALSO SENT ME EMAIL BEFORE THAT TO ASKING ME TO REMOVE CONETEN, WHICH I IMMEDIATELY REMOVED IN FEW HOURS

BECAUSE IT WAS NOT GENERATED BY ME BUT BY THAT AUTOMATED SOFTWARE, AND I WAS NOT AWARE OF THAT OR ANY COPYRIGHT, AND HAD NO ANY INTENTION AT ALL, AND I HAVE EARNED NOTHING FROM USING OR BY MISTAKENLY POSTING THEIR ARTICLE

So I want to know that :

1. WHAT ACTION CAN BE TAKEN BY THEM ON MAX TO MAX BASIS IF I AM NOT ABLE TO PAY 500$ THATS BIG FOR ME

2. HOW TO KNOW THE GENUINITY OF THEM

3. WHAT IF I DO NOT RESPOND THEM AND STOP RESPONDING, WHAT THEY CAN DO MAX TO MAX

4. WHAT LEGAL ACTION THEY CAN TAKE, AND WHAT CAN BE THE RESULT ( IF THEY WIN OR NOT)

5. I HAVE REMOVED ALL CONTENTS AND FOR TIME BEING I HAVE STOPPED PUBLISHING WEBSITE EBEN WITH MY ORIGINAL CONTENT ALSO, SOULD I CONTINUE OR WHAT

6. ALSO ADVICE ME HOW SERIOUS IS THIS MATTER AND SHOULD I NEED TO CONSULT ADVCOATE OR WHAT TO DO

7. AS THIS IS NEWS ARTICLE POSTED ON SOME FAMOUS WEBSITE, MY WEBSITE PUBLISHED THAT SAME TO SAME AS IT WAS NEWS ARTICLE. BUT THIS COMPANY IS CLAIMING THAT THEY ARE THE RIGHT HOLDER OF THAT FAMOUS PUBLICATION HUSE AND AUTHORISED 

THEY HAVE OFFERED ME SUBSRIPTION OF THEIR SERVICE BY PAYING 90000 FOR YEAR TO USE THEIR SERVICE

8. WHAT TO DO, NEED ADVICE IMMEDIATELY

THNK

Learning

1 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     06 July 2022

Long and prolonged query. Please consider putting your query in a concise way.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register