LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarek (Doctor)     14 June 2010

Indian Visa/nationality

I am Indian national married to a Bangladeshi , Currently in the UK. I will be taking up my British passport soon and will thereafter apply for my PIO/OCI card. However my wife will remain on her Bangladeshi passport. We both want to settle in India for good.

Can my wife apply for  long term visa to India on my OCI/Pio Status. I have read about foreign nationals needing to stay for 7 yrs in India to get Indian Nationality. Will my wife be eligible for that as I will cease to be an Indian national?

Regards

Dr Tarek Ahmed

Learning

3 Replies

harsh asthana (advocate)     14 June 2010

As a spouse of Indian National your wife can get Indian nationality, she can also get long term visa which can be renewed

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     14 June 2010

After you come to India, she can apply for domicle as she is your spouse and can live here as citizen 

nurma (sales assistant)     21 June 2011

Hello, I am an british citizen. I was born and brought up here in UK. I have been married to my husband for the past 3 years and he is Indian citizen. My parents are from Bangladesh but they did have an British passport but I don't understand why I can not get 6 months visa and is it possible for me to get long term visa as I have been back and forth from India few times.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register