Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Laxmi   23 March 2024

Incorrect pan number on mtr challan generated for stamp duty and registration

Hello, I need a help. 

I am from Pune.  My property is yet to be registered and before that I have identified incorrect pan number on MTR form 6 (challan form).  So challan generated for stamp duty and registration has incorrect PAN number but other details are correct.  The amount is more than 5 lakhs.  

1. Do I need apply for refund and then need to register property with corrected challan, please advise.  
2. What should be the reason for refund?  Some people said that mention economic problem instead of incorrect PAN number. I am confused now. I don't want to have any more trouble. Please advise about  appropriate reason.  
3. Some people are saying don't correct challan and go ahead with registration but then what will be the consequences.
4. The refund has to be submitted online as well in offline mode. So if I submit for refund online and then I change my mind then what should be the procedure. 

Please help. Thanks in advance. 

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2024

No corrections can be made in the challan.

You can cancel the challan and ask for refund citing the same reason instead of getting into more trouble by giving some fictitious reason.

At the time of I T enquiry you may face problem if you don't furnish the correct PAN card number.

Laxmi   24 March 2024

Thank you T.  Kalaiselvan

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 March 2024

You are welcome Laxmi. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 March 2024

Yes.  You go for refund of the challan amount as it has wrong PAN card number.  Apply to the RDO/SDO for refund within 6 months from the date of purchase (challan).

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     25 March 2024

Seek refund of the amount as advised by learned senior experts Mr. T Kalaiselvan and Mr. Kavksatyanarayana, which I fully agree and appreciate their analyses, opinion and advise.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 March 2024

Thank you Sir for agreeing with my opinion Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register