LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surinder (engineer)     17 June 2013

income taxation problems and non updation of form 26AS

sir, plz clear the following doubts: due to my frequent transfers, i was served several form 16s but the deptt had deducted TDS lesser by approx 45000/- as per my calculations. now i want to get that deposited. how should i deposit that online and under which head. i have earnings from my bank saving account and small FDs , the interest earned is less than two thousand. under which sec i have to show that in my ITR to get rebate. i have very small earning frim dividends (lessthan Rs 50) and for these shares my DP gave me STT Certificate. am i liable to club that dividend income with my salaried income and under which head or section, i have to show that in my ITR. for last FY, my employer didnt gave me form 16. he deducted Rs. 10000/- TDS but didnt updated in form 26AS till date. i filed my ITR as per my calculations (citing total TDS as X + Rs. 10000/-; where X is my other TDS with other TANs of different units of the same employer) without so supplied form 16. ((i written registered letter to the employer to supply me the form 16 too, but all in vain) now the IT deptt issued me intimation under sec 143 for non updation of that ten thousand by my employer. how could i move to solve this issue put onto me by my department. lastly, how should i have to disclose my earnings received from post office RDs. THANKS IN ADVANCE.... Surinder mittal

Learning

1 Replies

VISHNU PROMOD SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     17 June 2013

Dear Mr. Mittal

from the facts given by U it is not clear as to for which F.Y. YOU are talking. pl. therefore tell if it relate to FY 2012-13 or any other and provide the data S BELOW

salary income

interest income on bank fixed deposits and on saving a/c

dividend income

income from sale of shares on which STT has been paid

any other income

details of TDS

on receiving the same ur income and tax liability there on can be calculated.

In case of any confusion U may contact me at mob. 9415514541 or Email  vps_advocate@rediffmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register