Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal (execu)     31 March 2014

In 498a gold jewelry can recover from court

Hi,

can gold jewelry (mangalsurtra) & other jewelry can recover from court which is on mom name & same has been given to my wife at wedding time. I have all the bills where bill on mom name. This jewelry police has taken from us when my wife falsely registered 498a on me n my parents.....

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 March 2014

If the jewellary has been given to your wife at the time of marriage, it is her streedhan now and belongs to her.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     31 March 2014

You cannot recover those article / jewellery which you had given to your wife at the time of your wedding /marriage because it is her stridhan and she has all right over those .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2014

The jewels mentioned in your post were given voluntarily by your side to  her during the time of marriage, it means you have given them to her only, is it or not?, thus, does not the property belong to her?, the law confirms it as 'Stree-dhan', and the so called 'stree-dhan' belongs absolutely to the person who has it and nobody on the earth has any right over it after it belongs to her.  Therefore do not attempt any effort to recover them in vain, if she gives it back on her own, you can take it back or else just ignore it.

victim need help (HOUSEWIFE)     31 March 2014

And what if the husband is denying that he is not having any jewellery which is given by them at the time of marriage to DIL and saying that nothing was given by girl side. He is denying at CAW cell that he and his mom do not have anything with them. (They have shifted themselves in a rented place and DIL id saying in matrimonial home).The truth is they have taken all the jewellery and precious things frm house as well as lockers.Plz advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register