Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik (SSE)     12 May 2012

Illegal sale of property

Dear Advisor,

There was a family property of mine which is a shopping complex in the name of my grandmother, which was allegedly transferred as a gift deed to my dad's elder brother having a daughter who is now married . My grandfather executed this deed by lying that the deed is executed in the name of grandsons which is actually her wish too. But she came to know about this betrayal only after she signed the document. Knowing this she immediately cancelled the deed and executed another deed in the name of four grandsons including me, my younger brother and two cousins who are minors. The patta of the property is transfered in the name of four grandsons immediately and also the property taxes being paid. All these transactions happened in 2006.

Now my grandfather ,grandmother and my dad's elder brother also expired. My grandmother left a handwritten paper about the betrayal actions which is found and available after her death.Now,my cousin sister, who is the daughter of my dad's elder brother sold the property to a third party for some undisclosed amount. The new party had sent a legal notice to me and my brother about the sale. Kindly advise on if the sale is valid and what action can be taken.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik

Learning

1 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     12 May 2012

Please check if the documents are registered. If the first document was registered and through it the ownership was transferred to another person then the deed made by your grandmother would have been invalid or both the documents may not have been registered.

please check and respond.

S Jadhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register