LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand   19 July 2018

i want to make release deed between my father and me

is it valid between son and father as my father married 2nd after mom's death and for securing property we are making release deed by taking signature on stamp paper also of 2nd wife and attaching property documents with that release deed will it be valid and 100% secure from this procedure what should I do

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     19 July 2018

No. That will not be legally valid.

First and foremost if the property is in your father's name and if he wants to settle it in your favour, then he has to execute a REGISTERED SETTLEMENT DEED in your favour.  That will involve lesser STAMP DUTY.

Otherwise, your father has to make a REGISTERED GIFT DEED in your favour.  THAT WILL INVOLVE PAYMENT OF NORMAL STAMP DUTY.

Therefore, better discuss with a local lawyer and then do the things.  This type of taking release on Rs. 100 stamp paper by attaching the sale deed etc., will not be legally valid.

Anand   27 July 2018

Are there variations in will and if we want without signatures it can't be change is there difference in making different will and which are they and is stamp duty to be paid in will please reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register