LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr.Bhatt Thane (NA)     01 March 2012

I want to become a farmer

I am Deepesh  from mumbai and i am now working in mumbai and looking forward for agriculture as my profession.My ancestors were farmer. My Grandfather had farmland in kutch which my grandmother sold it long back and both of them have expired and as per record my acestor name is reflecting in the record of government as farmers.

Now me and my father want to buy a agriculture land in kutch so can you help me what i need to do and where i need to approch.

Please suggest would be thankful to you

Learning

2 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     02 March 2012

If u r not farmer so u can not purchase agriculture land in Gujarat but first u check a revenue records of land who is now in name as per government records and if u r really farmer so u can purchase a agriculture land in your name. Check all records then decide.

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     07 May 2012

Dear Deepesh,

Have you verified that there is a sale deed ?

If you have checked the government records and if the names of your grandfather is still in the extracts as fo now, then you may be able to buy agricultural land. Many times people purchase land but do not complete the process as per law and hence even though your ancestors had sold it the purchasers may not have transferred it in your name.

But in many cases, in states such as Gujarat and Maharashtra, the authorities ask for "farmers certificate" or "shetkari dakhla" or "Khedut dakhla".This certificate is issued by lower level revenue officers and they would know that you are not cultivating the land and may not give you the certificate and may also be awareof the sale.

You may require to provide more details.

S Jadhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register