LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nidhi   22 January 2016

I have no reason, but I want divorce

It's been more than a year of my marriage(arrange marriage). Everything is fine between us. My husband is very caring and affectionate.I have no real issues ,but I just don't wish to live with him. I Don't know the reason why I am not able to connect to him. But, all I want is a divorce. We tried fixing this relationship quite a lot . I flew to US to be with him. Still, it didn't work out. From starting itself I never wanted to stay with him that's why I chose to stay behind in India and carry on with my job. Just to make it clear before you judge me , I have no other guy in my life and my s*xual chemistry with my husband is also fine. I just want to know how can I proceed with divorce in this case.

Learning

12 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 January 2016

you got to convince your husband for mutual consent divorce.

Sidharth   22 January 2016

I appreciate your truthfulness!!

Mostly all couples have issues like compatability or like yours,  but they get into false cases.

It is good to convince your spouse, file case of mutual divorce court will give 6 months time to rethink, if both of you still want divorce. It will be granted. 

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     22 January 2016

1) Why not try to introspect and give birth to children then u will certainly be able to adjust to the situation.  Even if u seek divorce, then similar problem may arise with the next if u remarry after divorce.

2) Hv u discussed the problem in the presence of family elders and adjust urself to the situation when u do not hv the reason to divorce as stated by u.

3) If nothing works out, it is up to u to decide and better convince ur husband and go for MCD.

Nidhi   22 January 2016

Hi all, Thanks for all your suggestions. I have already tried to talk to him about divorce ,but he loves me a lot and doesn't want to leave me. I try hard not to sabotage this relationship, but somehow I end up hurting him. I don't wish to marry again or have children. I want to rediscover my life

Ghanshyam (Individual)     24 January 2016

Have a child.all will become fine.

Dharmen   27 January 2016

First of all u r very genuine.....have a child....all will be fine