LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G Krishna (PM)     02 August 2013

How to legally handle psycho son

Dear Sir/Madam, My brother is mentally ill person got divorced got separated from us by taking his share of his property. His wife recently divorced him and as he is alone we sheltered him. Now he become rebellion and harassing my parents and threatening them. He is not willing to take treatment for his mental illness. My old parents staying alone and in fear of him and his psycho acts. Please guide us how to handle the situation. Sincerely Srinivas

Learning

5 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 August 2013

legally you have already given h is share to him and now legally if you want to treat him or make him vacate the house first take him to the doctor and give him treatment and and even after if you want him to vacate if he is not vacating then take help of police 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 August 2013

Treatment is important than share of property. First provide treatment.

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     02 August 2013

You appoint a psychologist / psychiatrist for the counselling and treatment fo your brother. 

If he refuses, 

Kindly ask your parents to mention all the facts and file a detailed application u/s 12 of the Family Courts Act  for appointing Pyschologist / Psychiatrist and to pass orders for Psychological Evaluation of your brother. After calling for the reports of the experts and based on the same Court can pass appropriate orders for further course of action and directions to undergo treatment.

If the situation is worst,  Court can direct the facilitated Govt. Hospitals to admit the patient for treatment.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : G Krishna
Dear Sir/Madam,

My brother is mentally ill person got divorced got separated from us by taking his share of his property. His wife recently divorced him and as he is alone we sheltered him. Now he become rebellion and harassing my parents and threatening them. He is not willing to take treatment for his mental illness. My old parents staying alone and in fear of him and his psycho acts. Please guide us how to handle the situation.
Sincerely
Srinivas

You cannot judge a person's mental condition just like that.

A divorce drains out much out of a person.

You should understand your brother's mental condition, what led to his divorce.

Why is he shouting at you and your parents.

Its not that easy as they show in movies, divorce.  A series of events lead to a drastic end called as divorce, leaving both the parties in question and their respective familles in soup.

In such times, instead of going for partition, [parents if would have forced your brother into marriage or he went against parents and got love marriage that did not work, finally asked for partition, etc it could be anything which you have not explained] you should have shown understanding towards your brother.

Even now, instead of thinking of taking legal action, sort things out between yourself in a calm manner.  I assume that your brother's actions are due to the fact that his life is spoilt due to the divorce resulting in no peace of mind, hence the blame game towards parents and you.  

If you do not support your brother during these times, then who will?

G Krishna (PM)     02 August 2013

Dear Sir/Madam, My brother is refusing for treatment and becoming voilent day by day. Dont know how he will react every next minute. My old age parents cannot bare him anymore. Hence am looking out a way to admit him in hospital for treatment. Please guide me in legal way to admit him in the hospital. What are the procedures to do so. Sincerely Srinivas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register