LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to get stay order on property

Hi, I am 30yrs old and I am from Bangalore. My mother bought 6 plots of land in Chennai few years back. Promising it for her 3 daughters, agreeing that the money that was paid by her would be returned to her. 

My sisters are well settled and have paid off the money. But, since I am the youngest and still finding my ground I haven't been able to pay and claim the documents yet. 

In the interim, since my mother & I haven;t been getting along, she is trying to sell off my share of the property and now asking for my NOC. 

I am not agreeing to this, and would like to get a stay order till this issue is resolved. 

My questions:

1. Am I eligible to get a stay order: since the property isnt in my name, not an ancestoral property, and no legal documentation has been done about the land being promised to me. 

2. What is the procedure to get a stay? What would be the documents required. 

3. How long will this take? 

Pls help me out, as I am lost out here. And, my mom being well familiar with the legal procedures. 

She can even forge an NOC. 

Learning

2 Replies

minaz dandhala (lawyer)     13 November 2013

At this stage your mother being an absolute owner of the property can deal with the same as per her own choice. There is necessity for your NOC.

minaz dandhala (lawyer)     13 November 2013

There is NO need for NOC. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register