Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shuaib Ahmed (xyz)     24 September 2013

How to get back possession of my property?

Hello Everybody!

I have a property which I mortgaged with a nationalised bank, on behalf of a loan. I became the defaulter in this case and my account became NPA. Therefore, I approached DRT ( Debts Recovery Tribunal) and the case is ongoing at present. Prior to that the bank took the possession of the property, and I obtained a status quo from DRT. After that, I forcefully came into a lease agreement with a person under pressurized situation. And that person have now obtained the possession of the property by getting an interim injunction from civil court, claiming my failure to repay his given amount of loan ( which is false). So, this is the present scenario. My questions are:

Since, the property was in possession with the bank, so is it possible that the lessee can still hold the possession of the property?

How can I get back the possession of my property? Can we get help from the bank to obtain the possession back from the lessee?

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Dear S Ahmed, Since you had taken order of status quo, the Bank do not have possession. On the other hand, lessee had taken possession on false ground (as you say). Therefore you can get back the possession of your property. You may contact me at raminder.sahota@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register