LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How & to whom lodge a complaint

Mr Dipak Bhattacharya is a well known lawyer in Secunderabad. He had been a standing counsel for the Army for a long years. In the last week of May 2013 upon receipt of a letter of denial of CAP cert  for a medical seat for my daughter by ZSWO Ranga Reddy Dist I met the lawyer in his chamber at East Marredpally.

I was advised to wait for the Court to open on 03 Jun and to file a writ petition against the order of ZSWO Ranga Reddy Dist. The case was handed over to one of his junior advocate through his office clerk. Adv LakshiNar.. , his junior judge took my brief and the documents including annexures and attachments assured me that my Writ be filed within a week at the worst .And I will be called once the writ is finalised for my signatures. Two weeks past there was no call. I called the clerk , then the concerned advocate but there was no response. My SMS were not replied..after almost four weeks delay 40 SMS , 50 Miss Calls and a couple of calls to Sri Dipak Bhattacharya with no response i was informed by another junior advocate that Adv Dipak Bhattacharya is on tour to Germany and the mobile where my miss calls/SMS were being sent belonged to him and not to Adv  LakshiNar..That mobile No was given to me personally by Adv Lakshi Nar..in his chamber.

I had then to physically gatecrash his office with my daughter and got my brief/documents back..Nothing was done with my documents..It was simply kept untouched. Left with no alternatives I had to run around to scout for another advocate and then handed him the documents. The new advocate literally worked overtime and was able to file my writ just in time on 16/7/2013 . EAMCET Counselling was scheduled wef Jul to 29 Jul 2013. It is another matter that the court is yet to dispose of my writ though second and final counselling is over by 20 Aug 2013.

I am of the view that Mr Dipak Bhattacharya who accepted my brief  with intent to delay must be brought to book it wouldn't have been possible for the court not to hear my writ beyond 11 Sep 2013 when counselling for the special category including CAP Quota was conducted by Dr NTR University of Health Science AP.

I would therefore like to lodge a complaint to the competent auth  against the defaulting advocate for such intentional delay in filing my Writ in HC of AP. Would someone guide me how to file the  complaint and to whom?

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 September 2013

I am not sure. But you can complain to the Bar Council.

(Guest)
BAR COUNCIL OF THE STATE OF ANDHRA PRADESH :: 
HYDERABAD.
PROCEDURE FOR FILING COMPLAINT AGAINST ADVOCATE
A complaint against an advocate shall be filed in a verified 
petition manner by the complainant. It shall be filed along with the
enclosures, if any, in six copies. (If there are more than one advocaterespondents , as many additional copies + Rs.100/- extra for each 
respondent ). Along with the complaint an amount of Rs.1500/- to be 
sent towards complaint and process fee. The said amount of Rs.1500/-
can be sent either by way of demand draft obtained in favour of “BAR 
COUNCIL OF ANDHRA PRADESH” or by Money Order. The complaint 
copies and the enclosures to the complaint shall be legible copies and 
shall be in English or Telugu.

So Bar Council of AP wants money and no complaint..

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 September 2013

In the matter of entertaining a complaint and acting upon it,  the Bar Council is like a court and the Code of Civil Procedure applies. Rs.1500/- is only a beginning. If you represent yourself before the Council, you have to be well-versed on all applicable laws, including the Advocates Act. Otherwise you will have to engage a lawyer of your own. In other words, you have to set a lawyer against another lawyer. And your lawyer will not fight for you free unless he is your father-in-law. Compared to the fees you have to pay to your lawyer  to fight against his comrade-in-arms and other expenses and last but not the least your valuable time Rs.1500/- would be peanuts.

If you succeed in your case, what are the consequences for the accused lawyer? He can be expelled from the Bar Council and not allowed to practice his profession. His family will starve.

(Guest)

Its one too many..I think I have got to lump it. being a pensioner. But what could be other option to name & shame such lawyers?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register