LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shekhar (Manager)     17 October 2012

Housing society secretery troubling tenant

Hi, I have problem from the housing society members where I recently shifted as a tenant. I have taken flat (1 bHK) on rent from the 1 Oct 2012 through Broker. On the first day when I was shifting my household, few society members (Secretary, Chairman and other two society members) come to the house that time I was not in house and my wife was there. They have started enquiring about agreement copy and police verification document. As she was not much aware of this thing she told them that she will inform to me in this regard and asked him to meet you. But Secretary of the society is talk very arrogantly and threatens to throw us out of this place as we don’t have the documents at that time. I have informed my Broker about the incident and next day he has given me the agreement copy and police verification copy and asked to give it to the Secretary. When I went to give documents to him he showed his arrogance again and misbehaved with me. Then I politely told him that if you have any issue or complaint then please talk to owner or Broker. I have been asked to handover this document to you hence I come to you. I also told him that last day you came to house and the way you spoke to my wife is not correct way of communication and hence forth do not go to directly to my house and in case of any issue call me or owner. He was suddenly got angry and throws the documents and told me (threatended) that he will throw me out of this society. After that incident he called my owner (she is old leady) and told her false story that I have created nuisance at night etc etc. Now she is agreed with him to remove me from that house but no notice has been given to me till the date, there is no such communication received from owner in this regard. Now secretary told me that I should not park my vehicles in the society parking and instructed watchman not to allow entering my vehicles inside. In this situation, I would like to know what are the options for me? Can I go to police and complained against them? As a consumer what are my rights? Is Society member has the rights to throw anyone from the society? Where can I complain such things? Few things I want to highlight that My leave license agreement is not yet registered. There is one clause mentioned that One Month notice need to give from both the parties if any party wants to vacate. There will be Six month lock in period. Please help me. Thanks in advance. SK

Learning

1 Replies

Shekhar (Manager)     18 October 2012

Is this a right forum for this subject? Please let me know. I am new to this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register