LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neelam Sanjeev (Assistant)     03 February 2012

Help for intercaste marriage

I am a man aged 29 love and want to marry a girl aged 22. we live in Chhattisgarh and belong to different caste and religion. Few days ago her parents confirmed her marriage with other boy of same caste. She wants to marry me but didn't tell to her parents. Now we want to marry under special marriage act 1954. Please tell us how to follow the procedure. Also our life may be threatened so what coution must be taken? Thank you for your kind help.

Learning

3 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     03 February 2012

Dear Sanjeev

As you told, both of you are majors, hence no law can prevent you to marry under special marriage act. Its the local custom who is preventing you. If both of you are firmed of the decision of marriage, then you can succeed. But if the girl, turned down at any point before marriage, then her patents may accuses you in different ways like kidnep, rape etc.... So be careful of that, its because this type of incidents are coming in the media largely.

If you both want to marry, go to your local marriage officer and apply for the marriage with proof of your identity & age. You may contact a local lawyer also who can help you for smoothening the process.

Best of luck.

Neelam Sanjeev (Assistant)     04 February 2012

Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion and concern!

Shivam (CSE)     10 March 2015

Recently my GF parents made her leave her job and now she is in kind of under house arrest. She has no medium to communicate with anyone , nor she is allowed to go out of house , neither she is allowed to visited by friends. Her parents are not ready to do intercaste marriage at any cost for now. This is the situation from last 3 months.

I am able to talk to her only on SMS. Recently  somehow I was able to send her two SIMs and two Phones through her friends. Her friend was allowed to meet her just because she went there with a wedding invitation. We were planning to run on HOLI, and get married  but somehow her mom found one of her phones and nw her parents know our every move, because everyting was written in SMS INBOX.

Can someone suggest what to do, because from last 3 montsh I was trying something or other , but now I am clueless.

Also i m 30 she is 26

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register