Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     21 December 2011

Hats off to lok adalat for its noble activities..

Lok Adalat unites 26 couples

CUTTACK:

Trying as hard as she could, Kaanduri Das of Panitiria village in Jagatsinghpur district could not fight back the tears in the full courtroom here on Saturday.

� The 77-year-old widow, who had been leading life of a virtual destitute for the last 22 years after being separated from her husband late Gandhia Das and her three sons, was finally united with her children at the State-level Lok Adalat on Matrimonial cases conducted here on Saturday.

�Kaanduri had filed a case for maintenance from her spouse and children at the Family Court, Cuttack. But reconciliation efforts bore fruit and she was accepted by her children, who filed sworn affidavits to take her home after two decades and look after her for the rest of her life.

�Leena Nanda of Balikuda under Jagatsighpur district and Shakeela Biwi of Darghabazaar in Cuttack had also filed cases for maintenance after being separated from the husbands Sarat Kumar Bej and Sk Firoz respectively. They too were reunited with their husbands through reconciliation.

As many as 26 couples with similar problems of divorce and maintenance were reunited through reconciliation and counselling at the State-level Lok Adalat held here. Such sheer number of reunions mark a record in the Lok Adalat for matrimonial courses.

The Lok Adalat undertaken by two benches under Family Judge, Cuttack, Anjan Kumar Das and Additional District Judge Debendra Pradhan had issued notices to 515 couples for resolution and disposal of the marital disputes. Of them 39 had responded and 26 were reunited.

The Lok Adalat was overseen by District Judge Satrughan Pujari and State Legal Services Authority Deputy Secretary BK Mohapatra.

https://ibnlive.in.com/news/lok-adalat-unites-26-couples/213010-60-117.html

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2011

This is indeed a noble work done by Lok Adalat.

Thanks for posting.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     21 December 2011

ray of hope in darkness !!

appreciated !!!

(Guest)

To All:

How many of these wifes had filed Cognizable and Non-bailable cases on their husband?

This is the question.

Gautam

1 Like

(Guest)

I can guarantee that after 498A has been filed no couples will reunite..

I feel 498A is against evolution...it makes us go against marriage and have children...it is the root cause for divorce and separation..it is the DEVIL in the society...

Once 498A is file..the couple can never reunite..if there was small day to day fights between couples, and the couple separates...there is a 99% chance that the both sides will again join each other..after realizing their won faults...

Even couples should wait and see...they should not file divorce at one...they should wait..even if they are staying separate..they should wait...because after some time..when they realise..they will miss each other and chances of reuniting are there...

Once 498A and DV comes in between, that very day...things come to an end...

498A is against evolution because, it causes divorce. Imagine what the children of divorced couples will ever marry happily, they will see their single parent suffer all their lives..mostly girls..if a your girl has seen her mother suffer all her life...will she ever marry..or even if married, will she ever be able to love her husband..she will constantly live in fear...

I may have a license of keeping a gun, this does not mean that I will keep on shooting people whenever I feel like..similarly 498A may exist in the constitution...but the wife's side should now whether to use it or not...what impact will it have...what will be the after effect...what effect will it have on society..

498A is filed to send the husband to jail and to put a cover on all the problems the wife is having..to protect her from society..it is used as bastion or a stronghold for the wife with 1 million problems..so that when the husband is sent to jail..the socitey will look at the husband with suspecion and the wife will be saved..

That is why I say..498A is a devil in the society..it is against EVOLUTION...If not stopped in time...the country is bound to go to hell...

GOD SAVE US ALL..

Gautam

3 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     22 December 2011

@ Gautam

applause ... 

(Guest)

I Agree with Gautam  Once 498A and DV comes in between, that very day...things come to an end...and as a matter of fact i have never seen law binding couples ..it only breaks the bonds of marriage when a couple goes to court .

(Guest)

I do Believe there was no 498a / DV was filed agaist Husbands, Because Nowdays Even If you try to Call your Wife to Bring her Back or Try to give her understanding...Same Call she will record and proove in Court that you are harrassing her Mentally and Abusing............:)

So It becomes usless most of the times, because She has Legal Weapon (DV/498a) ..

1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     23 December 2011

I agree that these biased laws are destroying deilcate thread of matrimonial lives. When POLICE & COURTS come in between the couples, the chances of restoration of cohabitation are bleak. I even believe.....seen many related hearings at courts+CAW cell etc.........that some guys/his family members are terrified by state agencies to such an extent taht they HAVE TO ACCEPT THE 498A GIRL back in home, though under intense pressure. Nobody does follow up studies afterwards.......what happened to such girl....say after 6 months .....1year........is the couple still living a normal life. Data generated "so many coples reconciled at Lok-adalat/CAW cell are" short sighted & useless data. Many a couples live pitiable relationship when they r out from such cells..........mere living together by couples when there is no way to escape......living in hell!

Ppl who have witnessed the proceedings at these platforms.......dont u think that, parties are threatened........ACCEPT THIS GIRL, OTHERWISE U WILL ROT IN PRISON, NO BAIL 4 U, HEAVY MAINTENENCE ETC ETC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register