Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishal sharma (partner)     07 July 2014

Harrasment by recovery agents

dear all,

my brother is working in a reputated mnc. recently because of some financial problem he was not able to pay his ICICI credit card payment due which is rs21,000/-. he has been getting regular statements from the bank on his email id. from past 3 days there has been a lady who has been calling up to the native place where i stay with my family. she has been abusing us and has been asking for ransom money or else she would harass us in the same way. she has called more than 100 times. she is using very abusive language. she is not disclosing her name as well as the recovery agency name. she has been smart enough to call from the mobile number and on calling back all it is saying the number does not exist. i am trying to open icici website from past 2 hours so that i can get the recovery agency name but the site is under maintaience only for the agency name rest of all services are being open. there has been no notices or any kind of in written from the bank for the due amount.

how can we proceed legally on this matter. what are the necessary thing i need to focus on for proceeding legally.  she has been calling my relatives too which is black mark on our reputation.

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     07 July 2014

Visit the bank and state in writing that you are ready to pay their dues , you are not denying but don't harass you from your recovery agent , simultaneously record the conversation with the lady and make a police report against her and ask the relief from him .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2014

Record all calls and ask the female to send whatsoever documents pertaining to the dues she has by redg. post only………………

Visit the local SSP/Police Commissioner office and one person i/c can provide ownership detail of all numbers.

Or apply your resources and find out from Telecom compnay that has issued this series/number………….

You may go thru following threads and threads mentioned in these threads

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Icici-bank-harassment-over-personal-loan-after-8-yrs-104050.asp#.U6ruT5SSwb8

and see what kind of response M/s ICICI bank and its customer care gives……………………and what should be done by you.

Raghav Mishra (Lawyer)     07 July 2014

Immediately complain in writing to the Senior Inspector of the police station in your locality informing the telephone number and the name of person.

icicibankcare (Bank)     10 July 2014

Dear Mr. Sharma,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please write to care@icicibank.com with your contact details. Refer '080388' in the subject line. Our official will assist you.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register